Search for content in message boards

Funkhouser, Castor surname - Ripley Co IN

Funkhouser, Castor surname - Ripley Co IN

Posted: 20 Jul 2001 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Funkhouser, Castor, Caster
Anyone seeking information on the Funkhouser's of Ripley Co IN, check with the Ripley County Historical Society. I noticed on their web page that Jacob and Nancy Funkhouser's cabin that was built I believe it said around the mid 1800's is part of the society's "museum." Their daughter, Nancy Funkhouser married Benjamin Castor. I am a descendant of Benjamin's brother Samuel Castor. I learned the above information while working on my family history.
:)

Lori Harvell

Re: Funkhouser, Castor surname - Ripley Co IN

Posted: 14 Mar 2002 11:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 May 2003 12:26AM GMT
Lori,
I am a descendent of Jacob and Nancy Funkhouser - via their son David b: 1805 Beaver Co, PA.

David married Susanna Castor b: 1806 Beaver Co. I was wondering if Susanna could be a sister to Benjamin and Samuel?

Also wondering if you have a date of death for Benjamin? I show in the 1880 Iowa census (Appanoose County) that Nancy Hopkins was included in the census with David and Susan Funkhouser. The notation beside Nancy was "visiting brother". It looks as though she had remarried.

Thanks,
Marla Gray

Posted: 14 Mar 2008 6:33PM GMT
Lori,

Do you know if your Samuel Castor had a son William? I am trying to trace a William Castor - possibly A. William Castor b: Feb 1814 in PA. He married a Sarah An in Indiana and they had the following children: Ruben Fletcher, Benjamin F., James W., Mary Catherine and Eliza Jane (twins). All children born in Indiana except the twins were born in Iowa. Sarah died and he married Catherine (Abbott) Brazill in Louisa County, Iowa, and had two daughters, Emily and Julia. Catherine died and he married Catherine Funkhouser, and had the following children: Robert L., Milo M. and Isa.

I show that William died in 1871 in Appanoose County Iowa.

I'm not positive that I have the correct William - or that possibly I'm tracking two with the same name. In Indiana it shows him as a lawyer. In Iowa he's a farmer.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Marla Gray

Posted: 17 Mar 2010 4:52AM GMT
Re: William Castor I am very new at this, but this may be helpful. It has come to my attention the misunderstanding that the eldest son Ruben F is actually the father of Robert,Milo and Ira born in Iowa. I believe that the wife of Ruben is named Dorothy from Indiana. Thi William Castor was a farmer, his grandson Milo was my great-grandfather. They all lived together which caused this discrepancy. I am looking for info about Milo who died in Pennfield, Ill when my grandpa was 4 or 5. My grandpa died when I was 8 & we know very little.

Posted: 20 Mar 2010 2:30AM GMT
My grandpa was Milo M Castor and wife was Flecia Faye Driskell(Daily). They had 6 children: Hazel Mae, Leo Arland, Robert Leland, Harry Melvin, Harold, and Leotta.I am also new at this. What was your gradpa name? My name Warren Lee Castor (Bud) son of Leo A Castor and Virginia Warren.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions