Search for content in message boards

re: King Boileau (also spelled bylow and other spellings)

leah (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2005 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boileau Bylow King Haynes
I am looking for information concerning Julia Ann Boileau (Julie Anne?) who married John King in St. James Catherdral in Toronto.

John King, (signed his name with an 'x')Bachelor, of York township and Julia Anne Boileau (signed her name with an 'x'), Spinster, also of York township,were married by Banns, on 7th September 1840 by Rev. Henry James Grasset.
Witnesses were an Isaac ('x') King; Louis Boileau.

and/or her brother Louis who married Hannah King.

I am interested in any information concerning the family.

thank you,
Leah

Posted: 26 Jun 2005 3:52PM GMT
In the 1847 Home District Directory, Francis Bylow and Lewis Bylow are listed in York Township as is Isaac King;

http://digit.tpl.toronto.on.ca:8000/index.html

Lorelei (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2005 2:58AM GMT
Under www.familysearch.org someone has entered
information on John King and his wife Julianne
His is:
Mr. Jody Dee Jones
2619 Newgate Ct.
Fort Collins, CO
80525-9006
He also indicates John King d. Milton, Ont.
St. James Cathedral Might also have more information
on your family, i.e. baptismal records.
You should hire a researcher or go to the Archives of
Ont. to see if John King left a Will.
Archives of Ont. is at
www.archives.gov.on.ca
they will not retrieve any records for you - you must hire a researcher or there yourself.

Bette (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2005 8:04AM GMT
Surnames: King
In 1881 there's a John & Julia Ann King & family in Keppel ON. Children: Edward, James, Samson & Claranda.

Re: re: King Boileau (also spelled bylow and other spellings)

Posted: 8 Oct 2010 5:25AM GMT
Surnames: King Boileau Bylow
When Lewis Bylow remarried in Michigan after the death of his wife Hannah King, he listed his parents as Francis Bylow and Catherine Lefevre.

On the 1851 census of Oneida, in addition to Lewis and Hanna Bylow (with her father Isaac King) there are

Home / 1852 / Canada West / Haldimand (county) / 111 Oneida township part 2 / p. 4d, 5a, (58)

33 Bylow (French Canadian), Stephen Labourer Upper Canada F. Wesleyan Methodist 31 M
34 Bylow (French Canadian), Jane Upper Canada F. Wesleyan Methodist 18 F
35 Bylow (French Canadian), Michal Upper Canada F. Wesleyan Methodist 1 M
36 Bylow (French Canadian), Michal Farmer Upper Canada F. Baptist 34 M
37 Bylow (French Canadian), Susanah Upper Canada F. Baptist 29 F
38 Bylow, Cathren Lower Canada Catholic 67 F
Source: www.automatedgenealogy.com

I think that Catherine born Lower Canada, aged 67 is the mother of Lewis and Julia Ann.

As to Francis Bylow, during the war of 1812
There was a Francis Boileau, Private in the Rifle Company of the 1st York Militia (Recruited by Captain Peter Robinson from the northern part of York County, it included a large number of fur traders from as far as Michilimakinac. They fought alongside native troops. Source: Soldiers of the King, Militia in War of 1812.
It's a great book with many militia list from all over Upper Canada.

Anyway, it is possible that it is the same Francis. so even though, Francis and Catherine were probably born in Lower Canada (per their children's 1891 census) they might have married in Upper Canada (which is probably why I can't find them in Drouin)

By the way, not related to the family, but very interested in the King.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Bylow
I have been searching for any information on brothers Louis and Frances Bylow. I am working on my Bylow family history and had hit some road blocks. It looks like you may have found them. They ended up in New York, and then Frances' children ended up in Toledo, Ohio very near to the Michigan line.

I know next to nothing about Canadian genealogical research. In the states, yes. I feel stupid saying that, but...

Any help at all that you could offer would be most appreciated. Thank you so very much in advance.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Bylow Boileau King
I don't know if this is the same Bylow family or another one, what are you dates for these brothers Louis and Frances Bylow.

The Bylow I was researching were in Toronto until about 1850, with parents born in Quebec.

They moved to Haldimand County, Ontario and later Michigan. I don't think I have any New York connections.

I worked on this about 3 years ago, while researching the family of Isaac King, father of Hannah King Bylow.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic