Search for content in message boards

NIVENS, CHOATE

Choat

Cathy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Beaty, Wright
Hi, Looked up in cenus records for you, this is what I got;Fentress Co. TN #257 1850

Gabriel Choat 35 b-TN
Linda " 35 "
Margaret " 12 "
Adam " 11 "
Nancy " 9 "
Betsy " 6 "
Delila " 2 "
Samuel " 1 "
Living next door is Thomas Choat 39,b NC,wife Polly 36 b-TN with 10 children.
Living on the other side is David Baty(Beaty) 27 b TN wife Jane 26 b-TN, 3 children.

NIVENS, CHOATE

Posted: 21 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2006 6:04PM GMT
Surnames: NIVENS, CHOATE
I am searching for information on the Gabriel and Melinda CHOATE Family, which included their chilren, Margaret, Nancy, Delilah, Samuel, Sarah, and Mary. Nancy Choate married ??? NIVENS possibly in Fentress Co., TN or Casey Co., KY. I understand their children Nannie Nivens born about 1868-1870 and my Grandfather John Gabriel Nivens Born 1872 were both born in Casey Co.,KY.They left KY and moved to Hempstead Co., AR in the later 1870s. Any information regarding any of my family would be deeply appreciated. Nina Nivens Thompson e-mail: nnbnthomp@iocc.com

Gabriel Choat

Mike allen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Choat
I'm not sure if this is the same Gabriel Choat (Fentress Co.), since I did not have any information on his wife or family -- only on his ancestors:

1) Gabriel Choate, b. Abt. 1815; s/o
2) Christopher Choate, b. Abt. 1775 in VA, d. Abt. 1900 in TN, m. Nancy Pyburn. s/o
3) Austin Choate, b. Abt. 1748 in Lunenburg Co. VA, d. Abt. 1810 in Jackson Co., m. Elizabeth Pyburn. s/o
4) Christopher Choate, b. August 12, 1720, m. Prudence ??

I have the names of the children of each of the above families. Let me know if this would be helpful...

...Mike Allen

Re: Gabriel Choat

Posted: 24 Feb 2002 5:25AM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2002 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: Choate/Choat/Chote
Hello,

Do you have any information about Ira Ellis Choat/Choate b. 1819? I have one of his children listed with only the initials M.E. b. ABT. 1845. Could this be Melissa Emeline? Ira's siblings were Ben, Emeline, Caroline, George Washington, Louisa and Silas.

Ira's parents were Sanders Choate/Choat and Nancy Titsworth. I know that Ira was in Arkansas, but his people were in Tennessee and Virginia.

Ira was married to Margaret Susan Fort d/o Spear Fort and Margaret Susan Titsworth. If any of this sounds familiar, please feel free to contact me by email. Thanks for your time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic