Search for content in message boards

BEUFORD, BUFORD, TUCKER

BEUFORD, BUFORD, TUCKER

Posted: 12 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Sep 2003 2:12AM GMT
Am researching the family of JOSEPH TUCKER, son of GEORGE TUCKER, SR., who died in Lunenburg Co., VA 1784. JOSEPH TUCKER married LUCY BEUFORD/BUFORD, daughter of JAMES & MARY BEUFORD/BUFORD, who removed from Lunenburg Co., VA to Union Co., SC ca 1784. JOSEPH TUCKER d. 1803 in Union Co., SC; LUCY BEUFORD TUCKER d. 1821 Union Co., SC.

Tucker Family

Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2002 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: TUCKER
TUCKER, Lunenburg Co., VA--I don't have any information about Joseph, but am trying to determine whether my Robert Tucker family could be related to this George Tucker family. Would you be willing/able to send me information about George and his children?

Re: Tucker Family

Posted: 19 Sep 2001 11:59PM GMT
Edited: 16 Dec 2002 11:57AM GMT
Miriam,
I am also looking for the TUCKER`S in Lunenburg county.I have looked at the census records from 1900-1920,in the Columbian Grove District and found many TUCKER`s.My line is Allen P.TUCKER,born 1860,his wife,Virginia A.?They had 3 daughters,Eva,Margorie,and Annie TUCKER.Marjorie married a BARBER and Annie married a SCEARCE.Don`t have anything on Eva.I don`t know who the parents were of Allen P.TUCKER or what Virginia`s last name was.
Living next to Allen was George M.TUCKER,born Sept 1840. and his wife,Martha.Children were Richard L,Cecilia E;Edward E;Lottie W.Parks TUCKER was also living,listed as the father,born Nov.1816.
Have you looked at the census records yet?That is the only information that I have found so far on the TUCKER family.I have heard that Allen P.TUCKER could have possibly came from Pittsylvania Co,Virgina.Don`t know anything about that.
Would love to hear from you or any other TUCKER cousin!!

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2002 4:06PM GMT
Hi, Vickie:

Well, my Tucker family line traces back to a Robert and Mary Pierman Tucker in Wythe Co., VA. The whole family and one of Robert's brothers, Llewallan, I believe, packed up and moved to Roane Co., TN in the early 1800s. From there, Robert and his family along with at least one of his nephews moved to Bond/Montgomery Co., IL. Many of the daughters married local folks and stayed in IL. James and either one of his brothers or one of his cousins moved to Arkansas and then to Barry Co., MO.

What we Barry Co., MO Tuckers cannot do is connect our Robert Tucker to any of the southside Virginia Tuckers. I was hoping to find a clear connection someday!

Good luck in your search!

Miriam A. Tucker
miriam_tucker@hotmail.com

Re: BEUFORD, BUFORD, TUCKER

cynthia (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: Beuford,Buford
I'm researching my ggggrandfather James Franklin Buford,he married Helen Sophina Gandy , on their marriage licence the spelling of his name was Beuford and he was from S.Carolina, he was born around 1812 , do you know if Lucy had a brother that may have moved to S.Carolina when she and her husband Joseph moved there. Or do you know the names of James and Mary Bufords children? I've hit a brick wall !! please help if possible . Thanks Cynthia

Barbara Harrell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 6:59PM GMT
My Lucy Beuford Tucker, wife of Joseph, was born ca 1750s in VA. Your James Franklin Buford was too young to be Lucy's sibling. Where in SC did your Buford family reside? SC is a BIG State when one is researching. The Beuford / Buford name is fairly common.

cynthia (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2003 6:47AM GMT
I'm really not sure where in S.Carolina he was from , on the marriage licence there was no county mentioned, it was just a long shot , I knew he couldn't be a brother of Lucy , but may be a nephew .Thanks for your reply , cynthia

Hi Re: Tucker Family

Posted: 9 Nov 2003 7:28AM GMT
Surnames: Tucker,Tomlinson,Crowder
Hi,
I am looking for Columbia Grove Tuckers also.

My ggrandparents on my mom's side were Samuel Elisha Tucker(b 1869) and Ella Masuria Tucker(b1875), both b in Columbia Grove,as were their fathers(and their children).

Samuel E's parents were Samuel L Tucker(b 1843) and Susan ( b1843).He had a sister named Ada, and a brother James

Ella's parents were William H Tucker(b 1837) and Nancy(b 1852).She had two sisters named Laura and Nora, and a brother named Will(iam?)

William and Samuel were brothers and their parents were Colwell Tucker(b 1801) and Lousia E H Tomlinson(b March 22,1810). They were married in Columbia Grove Mar 1 1827.

So do my Tuckers look any thing like your Tuckers???

Re: Hi Re: Tucker Family

Miriam Tucker (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2003 2:47PM GMT
Surnames: Tucker
Unfortunately, my Tucker clan moved from the Wythe Mountain area shortly after my 4xgreatgrandfather, James, was born in 1813. I know nothing of any Tuckers, related or not, who stayed in the area. Best luck in your search!

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 2:04AM GMT
George Tucker, son of Captain Robert Tucker, born 1710 Va, married twice, died in Lunenburg Co, VA 1784. His first wife is thought by some to be Frances Lewelling, and his youngest son, by his second wife is named "Lewelling Tucker.

I'm descended from George's son Joseph, died Union/Newberry area of SC, 1803, and Lucy Beuford.

Your post is 11 years old, and you have probably found all this on the net. If your Lewellan is my uncle Lewelling, we are cousins.

Randolph Phillips
po box 303
Shiloh, GA 31826
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions