Search for content in message boards

Beaubien - Monroe County, MI

Beaubien - Monroe County, MI

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 12:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2002 9:19PM GMT
Looking for any information on a James Beaubien who married a Matilda/Mallany/Malinda Nadeau. Their daughter was my great grandmother Sarah Beaubien-Bizoe. Any info would be most appreciated!!

Don Bodrie
dbodrie@juno.com

Re: Beaubien - Monroe County, MI

Dawn (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2001 10:38PM GMT
Hi Don,
I have a few Nadeau's that married into the Beaubien Family
but do not see any record of Sarah. Here's what I have
below:
Marie-Louise Nadeau {Beaubien} born
8 Jul 1798 in River Raisin, Michigan. She married
Jean Marie Beaubien on 17 Apr 1820 in
River Raisin, Michigan. No Children listed or known.

Marie Monique Nadeau {Beaubien}
Born 3 May 1800 in Monroe, Michigan Died 10 Sep 1847 in Naperville, Illinois. Married Mark Beaubien
on 13 Mar 1817 in Monroe, Michigan. They residence: Monroe, Michigan (1817-1827) and in Chicago, Illinois (1827-)
Children:
Josette Beaubien (1818-1820)
Mark Beaubien (1819-1860)
Oliver Beaubien (1821-1878)
Joseph Beaubien (1823-D)
Emily Beaubien {Le Beau} (1825-1919)
Soliston or Saliston Beaubien (1827-D)
David Beaubien (1829-D)
Napoleon Beaubien (1830-1870)
George Beaubien (1832-D)
Elinor or Helena Beaubien {Simmons} (1835-1870)
Edward Beaubien (1837-D)
Elizabeth Beaubien {Potter} (1839-D)
Gwinthellyn Beaubien {Archambeau} {Benard} (1842-D)
Millig Beaubien (1843-1843)
Frances Beaubien {Noble} {Moreland} (1844-D)
Monique Beaubien (1846-1847)

Let me know if any of this is helpful. Do you know whether
your Matilda/Mallany/Malinda Nadeau was married before
her marriage to James Beaubien?
~ Dawn

Posted: 28 Sep 2001 1:25PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2002 9:19PM GMT
Dawn,

Thank you for responding to my posting!! The names and families you listed I am aware of through my research, but unfortunately I have not made any connections to the families I'm looking for. I know Sarah Beaubien was born in Monroe, MI and I believe she lived there until she married Fred Bizoe, who was also from Monroe, MI. I do know that for a short time this family lived in Paulding, Emerald Co., OH. I am trying to get to the library to find census records for Emerald CO.

Don

Dale Beaubien (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2002 2:23PM GMT
I'm a beaubien from monroe, but other then my father Dale Beauibien I know no others. My Grandfather married Helen Fernier, i think , but they were divorced and so information on that side of the family is difficult to get. my father dale Married Deanna Vogel, but he married once before that and had a daughter named Christine.
I think my grandfather went by a nickname, Duff perhaps. Any information on those beaubiens would be very helpful to me thanks.

Don Bodrie (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2002 1:47AM GMT
Dale,

I'm sorry but I have no information on this family. If you can come up with any more information, please contact me and I'll try to connect you to a tree.

Sincerely, Don

Posted: 29 Oct 2002 2:53AM GMT
deanna vogel is my sister. She had two children by dale beaubien. reply

Posted: 13 Nov 2002 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: BEAUBIEN-MONROE MI
Hi All!

I am a bit new to this but I am related to Beaubien from Monroe MI. My great Grandmother was Hazel Marie Beaubien (Meier). She was born June 16, 1912. Her father was Lafayette Beaubien (B. 11-13-1888 D.June 1979 I think). He was married to a Mabel. I am not sure on her maiden name. I am trying to create my family tree. We really have no information, so if any of you may have come across anything that may relate to this information, Please email me. Any help or information on how to find this information would be much appreciated,

Sincerely Julie

Posted: 28 Nov 2002 9:47PM GMT
Julie, I have a little information that may help you. I have Hazel Marie Beaubien married to Russell Meier. Hazel's parents I have listed as Lafayette Beaubien and Anna Cooley and Lafayette was a child of Joseph R Beaubien and Amelia. Hazel had a brother Victor, a sister who married a George Duvall and a sister Jennie, who married Ben Housefield. I hope this helps.

Sincerely, Don

Posted: 18 Feb 2003 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2004 3:55PM GMT
Julie,

There is a book called "History of St. Charles" with the following information about your g-g-grandfather Joseph R. Beaubien. It says he married Amelia Roberts in 1869 and had 11 children, 5 of which were still alive in 1932. The 5 are Mrs. Steven (Lillian) Raymond of Wyandotte, Mich; Mrs. Ben (Jennie) Hausfeld of Dayton, Ohio; Mrs. George (Alma) Duvall and Lafayette of Monroe, and Homer of Pointe Aux Peaux.
There is a small biography on Homer and it says he married Lottie Labeau in 1902. He had 4 children - Mrs. Clarence (Carrie) Manor, Florence, Emma and Floyd.

My g-grandmother was also a Beaubien from Monroe - Ella - born to William son of Joseph and Mary. But not your Joseph. I am trying to locate information on who my Joseph's parents were. The only thing I know is Joseph and Mary's children's names and that they lived in Berlin Township of Monroe County in the 1880's. Also that Joseph was born abt 1822 and Mary was b. abt 1832. Any info you came across looking for your Joseph may help me identify mine.

Thanks - my e-mail is eric.j.schmitt@jci.com

Posted: 18 Feb 2003 5:26PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2004 3:55PM GMT
Hi Don,

I ran across James Beaubien in the 1880 Census. I believe he was the brother of Joseph Beaubien who was my g-g-g-grandfather along with a John and a Philip but have not been able to find their parents to verify it. Anyway here is the info.

1880 Federal Census, Berlin Township, Monroe County, Michigan
Beaubien James 56
Beaubien Mallany 53
Beaubien Henry 24
Beaubien Helen 22
Beaubien Caroline 21
Beaubien Elisabeth 18
Beaubien Sarah 14
Beaubien Jane 13
Beaubien Moses 11
Beaubien Edwin 9
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions