Search for content in message boards

CT to Canada Duncombe families info needed

CT to Canada Duncombe families info needed

Posted: 3 Jan 2008 9:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomas, Watson, Smith, Garnsey/Guernsey, Duncombe
I have an offshoot (not direct related)connection to the Duncombe family in Canada in the early 1800's.
Thomas Duncombe and wife Rhoadah Tyrrel Duncombe (she re-married Samuel Guernsey or Garnsey. His son Samuel Jr. married into my Thomas family.
Anyhow, Thomas and Rhoadah had children:
DR. Charles Spencer Duncombe b. 1792 Stratford, CT and d. 1867 in Hicksville, CA. He was quite instrumental in the Canadian Rebellion of 1837 and left Canada as a result.
DR. Elijah Eli Duncombe 1795-1870 (married Catherine ?? b. 1802 and Children:
----------Mary b. 1835
----------Susan A. b. 1843
Hulda Duncombe 1800-1840
DR. David Duncombe 1802-1887 (married Mary Chapin b. 1809 abt 1835 in Ontario, Canada --- Married Nancy Candace Nelles on 11 Dec 1853 in Townsend, Norfolk, Ontario, Canada and had children:
-----DR. Alexander C. b. 1836 (married Elizabeth ?? b. 1853)
-----Elijah E. b. 1838 d.1915 (married on 11 Apr 1860 to Rhoda Ann Parney 1840-1913)Children:
----------Elijah Eli Leopold Duncombe b. 1873
-----David b. 1842
-----Hulda E. b. 1845
Rhoda Eliza Duncombe 1805- (married William Russell 10 Jan 1825 in St. Thomas, Elgin, Ontario, Canada)

NOTE: the number of DOCTORS in this family....
I am interested in finding descendants/associated families and data for all these people. Willing to exchange data.

Re: CT to Canada Duncombe families info needed

Posted: 19 Oct 2008 7:11PM GMT
I am looking for the connection of Dr David Duncombe B 1802
and David Duncum Brady B 1825 who was married to Catherine Marilla Parsons B 1828.
My grandmother left me family bible showing father and son, showing father married to last name Bateman and no other info on her.

Posted: 20 Oct 2008 8:04PM GMT
I don't see a connection to the Duncombe's I have record of. Do you have more details that you can provide?

Re: CT to Canada Duncombe families info: have LOTS to 1200s

Posted: 21 Oct 2008 5:54AM GMT
Surnames: Duncombe, Tyrrell, and collateral lineages
Hi
I have LOTS on this Duncombe family,both descendants and ancestors (back to 1200s Buckinghamshire, England). I also have information on Ann Thomas/Guernsey lineage. Also I have lots on the lineage of Rhoda Tyrrell (including her brothers). Some biographies.
Probably the best way to provide the Duncombe lineage would be to send descendants of the Duncombe immmigrant to the US, then his ancestry in England. Probably Rhoda Tyrrell's lineage, starting with who I have for her furtherst ancestor.
I can send these in rtf format or FTW format (Family Tree Maker), also GEDCOM (which leaves out Fact labels)
Cheers
DAve
email: DaveLadely@aol.com

Re: CT to Canada Duncombe families info: have LOTS to 1200s

Posted: 21 Oct 2008 12:55PM GMT
Hi Dave, I have worked with you before and I thought I had most of your data entered. In trying to help out the person that responded to my older post, I could not find those names in my and your data. NOTE: I try to source the individuals that provide data to me in my areas of storage. I would be grateful if you would, again, send me your data via RTF. send to jhthomas47@comcast.net Thanks again.... Jim

Posted: 29 Aug 2009 10:49PM GMT
Hello. I am a descendent of Rhoda Terrill & Thomas Duncombe through Elijah Eli Duncombe and Catherine Lawyer Bouck. Rhoda was taught by the local Indians about medicines and herbs and passed this onto all of her sons who all became doctors. She was a remarkable woman. Rhoda and Thomas Duncombe moved to Ontario Canada early 1820's where Thomas died. Elijah was a teaching in the home of the Boucks and he married their daughter Catherine. Please respond to lawcode7@comcast.net

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Duncombe and collateral lineages
Hi

I am researching this family, I have the Duncombe ancestry back to the 1200s if you are interested. I am interested also in the Bouch family.
cheers
Dave Ladely
email: DaveLadely@aol.com

Posted: 20 Feb 2010 11:16PM GMT
Thomas and Rhoda Tyrrel Duncombe are my gggg grandparents. I am descended from their son Eli Elijah and Catherine Lawyer Bouck Duncombe. I have info and willing to share. There are so many doctors due to Rhoda's interest in Indian medicines and herbs. All three of her sons became doctors. Please respond to lawcode7@comcast.net

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 12:55AM GMT
Surnames: Duncombe, Dunscombe, Duncome, Duncomb
I have the Duncombes back to 1200s, now, and will share
dave Ladely

DaveLadely@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions