Search for content in message boards

Gamache Family from Quebec

Gamache Family from Quebec

Posted: 21 Feb 2006 11:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gamache
My grandfather Henri Gamache born aprox 1882, married to Edwardina. I'm looking for information about his parents.

They immigrated to New York in 1923.

Re: Gamache Family from Quebec

Arthur Gamache (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2006 6:30PM GMT
Richard:
I found two Henri Gamache in Napierville County, the first is a possible but the second does not seem to fit.

Source: BMS du Comté Napierville 1823-1983. Henri Simeon baptized 28 Apr 1884. Father: Isaïe, mother: Marie Comeau.
No other information.

Source: Napierville Co Marriages. Henri Gamache, father: David, mother: Vitaline Bélanger, married Azilda Fortin 13 Feb 1900.
Henri vf Azilda Fortin married Josephine Fortin 3 May 1904.
No other information.

Hope that this helps a little.

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 4:06PM GMT
I'm looking for Giles-Julian Gamache who married Marie Plant. They had a daughter Natalie who married Remi Mathieu from Napierville. Family members advise there is Indian blood and wonder if it was Marie Plant?

Posted: 9 Jan 2009 1:28AM GMT
Hi
I am a part of the Gamache family and I too was told there was Indian blood in our huge family but that would be way back in the 1700's . It was told to me that Jean Baptiste came down the Mississippi from Quebec(originatly from France ) and stoped at St Louis Mo to found the town .
After that he was south bound and found an Indian girl and married her ... later he suposidly left her behind with a child or two and was on his way To Ste Genevieve Mo.
At what time in history did you hear of an Indian girl ?
Thanks
Pat Kountzman-Keller
St Louis Mo

Posted: 12 Jan 2009 10:05PM GMT
Hi
Found this..

Henri Gamache: Father Antoine Gamache, Mother Cordelie
Marcoux.
Married Edouardina Guertin: Father Antoine Guertin, Mother Anna Gauthier
Date of marriage: June 7 1905 in Trois Rivieres, Immaculee Conception Parish

Hope this helps!

Rachel:)

Posted: 7 May 2009 4:12PM GMT
I didn't hear that story. My great grandfather (Leopold Remi Mathieu born 1869) came from Napierville in 1881 (he died in 1962). All the old people called him "Chipwae". His brother - Hermadias - had a son, who is now 94 years old tells us of a document Hermadias had stating their indian heritage. We assumed Marie Mary Plante, who married Filles Julien Gamache was the indian. Their Child was Natalie Gamache who married my great grandfather, Leopold Remi Mathieu. We assumed Indiana trip was the Chippewa's. Maybe we will never discover the Indian heritage.

Posted: 12 May 2009 5:19PM GMT
My mother swore that she was 1/16th Indian as did all her brothers & sisters. Her grandmother was Marguerite Gamache who married Barnabe Boutin October 19, 1858 @ St. Cyrien de Levy of Napierville. Marguerite Gamache was born November 23, 1843 @ Napierville. Her parents were David Gamache & Cecile Giroux. Don't know if this connects to your Gamaches. In all my research, this Indian heritage has always pointed to the Gamache family. However, I have not been able to prove it.

Posted: 12 May 2009 6:41PM GMT
Rachel,
Thank you for this.

Sorry for the long delay in responding.

Best,

Richard

Posted: 18 May 2009 2:32PM GMT
Found the same thing do you have info on Antoines parents. I have him born 1849? Also looking for his marriage cert to Cedilie Marcoux aprox 1867-70? I have her death info 1889 in Montreal. Antoine remarried same year and was widowed again in 1916 remarried 3rd time. Died 1926 in Montreal.
Henri Gamache was my gradfather.

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2012 8:27PM GMT
I have lots of information about our St. Louis French Colonial Gamache Family. I would love to talk with you. Email me at gamachefoundingfamilyofstl@yahoo.com. I love meeting new cousins!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions