Search for content in message boards

Georgia Rice''s

Georgia Rice''s

Kara Sandifer Rice (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1999 2:52AM GMT
My husband is a Rice from Atlanta GA and his father was born there too his grandfather we are not sure of they never met. But his name is Forrest Lee Rice married Vivian Pierce of Atlanta. If anyone knows anything about this family please email klrice1028@yahoo.com. Thank you

Re: Georgia Rice''s

bob rice (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2001 12:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rice- from Lumpkin county, Ga.
My fathers name was William Rice. He had 4 sisters and 4 brothers. He was the baby, and was brought to new jersey at a very young age when his mother (francis) died in the field on the farm,(1923-1926). They lived in lumpkin county ga. We have had a very hard time finding records because the hall of records burned down years ago. His fathers name was tarby. My father was born on june 10,1919. His brothers names were Ulysess,Alonzo, Tarby,DeWitt. His sisters were Cleola, Viola,Minnie,Hattie. From what I understand Lumpkin is a small town near Columbus. They were african-american.

Posted: 12 May 2008 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Rice
Bob,
This is your cousin. I now live in Massachusetts. My father was Ulysses.

Posted: 29 Nov 2009 10:38AM GMT
Greetings,

I am your cousin Floretta Thornton Reid, grand-daughter of Allie Rice Thornton. Her sister was Minnie Rice Causby.
There are records in Georgia regarding the family. Please contact me.

hotep (peace),
Floretta

Posted: 30 Nov 2009 1:04PM GMT
Hello Bob,
I'm jeff son of ulysses I was able to get a lot of information about our family from Ancestry but I'm tryin gto put the whole puzzle together. I think my family tree is still posted. jeffery.rice@us.ngrid.com

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 4:28PM GMT
Hello Jeffrey, I am Bob Rice from Matawan,NJ. How hav you been? Had posted on Ancestry message boards in 2009 about our family in Georgia. I was wondering if you have any info on them. I was trying to find relatives in Georgia, but I was told that the courthouse that contained all those records had burned down. If you have any info please let me know. How is Aunt Liz?

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 4:51PM GMT
Hello Floretta. This is your cousin from Matawan,N.J. Bob Alston (Rice). How have you been? I was posting on Ancestry in 2009 about the Rice family. You left a post there, but I never came bake to the site. I just visited the site today and saw your post, a few years late,lol. Do you have any info on the Rices in Georgia? I tried before but was told that the courthouse with all the records had burned down. I don't think I have seen you since graduation, "peaches". Hope to hear from you soon. Bob.

Posted: 26 Oct 2013 12:01AM GMT
Hi Jeff. Iam your cousin Bob from Matawan. I put a post on the ancestry site, but I guess you don't visit there much. It was a long while ago. I went to your site(Jeffrey.rice@us.ngrid.com), but the family tree did not come up. I will keep trying. If you see this post please contact me at Db349@ optonline.net. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions