Search for content in message boards

Francis Vanderhoof/Vanderhoff

Francis Vanderhoof/Vanderhoff

Posted: 23 Apr 2006 8:21AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 15 May 2006 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: Vanderhoof/ Vanderhoff/ Vanderhoef
I need a lookup PLEASE! Anyone living in New York who could do a newpaper lookup in the Oneida county and surrounding area, I need a announcement of engagement or marriage or birth of child to Francis Vanderhoof and Sarah? I need a last name for Sarah. I think she may have been Holmes, but need a confirmation of this. Would appreaciate greatly anyone who could give me any info. I have done all I can from all these miles away. Francis lived in Oneida county on census reports. Marriage would have been approx. 1855. Two children, Henry and Lovillia were born to them in 1856 and 1857 respectively, if a birth announcement could be found. Thankyou to whom ever has the time to do this look up for me.

Re: Francis Vanderhoof/Vanderhoff

Joan Hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2006 6:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Loretta, I do not know if this is the Francis Vanderhoof you are looking for? My Francis Henry Vanderhoof was born in 1824/26 in Hamiltion Co.,N.Y.and died 1902 in Floyd, Oneida Co.,N.Y.When Francis was a very young lad he moved to Floyd with his father Nathaniel Vanderhoof. Francis married Sarah H. Campbell b. 1826 d. 1919 they are both buried in Wright Settlement Cemetery in Rome, Oneida Co.,N.Y.They are in the Floyd,Oneida Co.,1880 US census. They had 7 children George Wellington, Elizabeth Ann,James Nathaniel,Emily Francis, Hattie Rosetta, Frank Francisco & Ervin Francis. I hope this will be of some help to you Joan

Re: Francis Vanderhoof/Vanderhoff

Loretta (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2006 2:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks Joan for the info, but your Francis is not the same one I am looking for. Your Francis was a distant cousin to the one I am looking for. My Francis is the son of Henry J. Vanderhoof and Eleanor Downing. He was born in New York but moved to Michigan in the 1850's. Sarah was born in Scotland and either married Francis in New York shortly before they moved or in Michigan. I have not been able to find any indication to make a determination. They had 8 children and both died in Michigan. Francis was also married a second time to Christina Andrews Stevens. If you know anyone who has this family in their line I could really use some help. Thanks anyhow.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic