Search for content in message boards

Guardian Angel Home

Guardian Angel Home

Posted: 25 Aug 2009 6:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, My sister & I lived at the Guardian Angel Home from 1946 through November 1950. I would like some photos of the orphanage & the children that were there during that time. Does anyone know where & how to acquire individual records of the time spent at Guardian Angel.
Thanks for any help.
Terry

Re: Guardian Angel Home

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 9:07PM GMT
Greetings, It is very difficult to find any pictures. The Felician Sisters mother house in Livonia Michigan is where they appear to be stored. I too would love to see pictures of the building, the nursery, C group, B group, A group and the beautiful chapel, etc....It would be such a blessing if they were able to create a book with pictures for all of us who lived there...

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 5:16AM GMT
I have just sent an email to the Felician Sisters Motherhouse in Livonia regarding photos & records.
While surfing a bit more I found this

Guardian Angels Home, Detroit
Now: Archives
Motherhouse/Livonia Province of Felician Sisters
36800 Schoolcraft
Livonia, MI 48150

I will let you know if I get a response to my email. Otherwise, I think I will have to write to the above address.

Posted: 17 Mar 2010 5:48PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 5:56PM GMT
Greetings! I lived in the orphanage from 1954 until 1959/1960. To answer your question re: obtaining copies of pictures of the orphanage during the time you lived there -it is virtually impossible at this time. I have been contacting the convent in Livonia Michigan for years and have still not been successful in receiving pictures. I did visit the convent in the late 1990's and saw pictures that that are displayed in a "room of historical facts". If you have any luck, please let me know via this web site. I haven't given up, just know this is a very tedious process. You can find picture of Saint Albertus Church on flickr photos, but the pics are of the current condition of the builidings. Blessings, and good luck!

Posted: 17 Mar 2010 7:12PM GMT
Actually, I just received an email from Sister Mary Cynthia Ann, March 1, 2010, regarding my request for photos & records from their archivist, Sister Mary Elaine. It seems the later replied to my email, but, was returned "not delivered", so SM Cynthia tried on her computer. SM Cynthia emailed me again indicating that SM Elaine is in the process of looking up information and will mail it to me. I guess I will wait another week or so to see if I get anything. I will certainly let this message board know the results.
Keep your fingers crossed!!!
There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Yolanda

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 12:24AM GMT
Surnames: Wesolek
Hello.
I am trying to find information on Guardian Angels Orphanage in the Detroit area. My grandmother was there, probably during the 1940's. I don't know how long she was there. Two of her sisters were there too.

When I ask my grandmother questions, she doesn't want to discuss it. It seems she had a negative experience.

My grandmother eventually moved to a foster home and lived with a family in Plymouth, MI.

If there is anyway to get records from Guardian Angels, please let me know. As an adult, my grandmother tried getting information as to why she was put into an orphanage (both of her parents were still living). All records are sealed.
My grandmother's family was from Hamtramck, MI

Names: Stella Wesolek, Leona Wesolek, Cecilia (P?)

Thanks and God Bless +
Shelley

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 2:13PM GMT
Fantastic! I was sent a few photos, but nothing substantial. It would be wonderful if there were a photo book compiled for all of us who graced the walls of the Guardian Angel Home:)

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 11:18PM GMT
Hello I believe my mother and her sister were at this orphanage at this time also. Im in desparate need of info as we are trying to put together my moms life. My moms name was patricia bonior and we believe her sisters name was josie or josephine. They were taken from here by my grandmother and grandfather thomas and rose green. my mom was 13 when she left. any info would be greatly appreciated. I can be emailed @ sggreen925@yahoo.com. thx

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 12:39AM GMT
If i read your post correctly you were in this orphanage the same time my mother and sister were there. my mom passed in 2001 and we have no info on her lineage. we are desparately seeking info about her life prior to and during this time. My moms name was patricia bonior and her sisters name was josie or josephine? please email me with any info @ sggreen925@yahoo.com. I would love to speak with you. Thanks Steve.

Posted: 30 Apr 2010 4:03PM GMT
I'm reading a book "The Felician Sisters of Livonia Michigan" written by the Felician Sisters, that has a detailed history of the Guardian Angel Home in Detroit. No pictures of the Detroit home. I would be happy to scann a send copies of the pages of interest. John Palmer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions