Search for content in message boards

Nelson Wilburn

Nelson Wilburn

Sharon DiLuvio (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:35PM GMT
Surnames: Wilburn, Lyons, Welborn, Robson
General Nelson Wilburn born 1869 Denton, Carter County, KY. Married 1896 Denton, Carter County. Spouse Mary Alice Lyons. His father was Guy or Guile Wilburn (Welborn)age 50 in the 1880 censu, Tennessee. Guy married Martha Robson age 45 1880C. Would like information about Nelson Wilburn's brothers and sisters and anything about Guy Wilburn. ("General" was his name, not a title.)
Thanks.

Re: Nelson Wilburn

Posted: 31 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Wilburn, James
Hazel,
I would like to know if Gully Guy WILBURN had a brother named Ruebin WILBURN? My great great Grandfather was Ruebin married Celia James,they lived in Carter Co. Kentucky.
Ruebin was born about 1828 in Tn.
Becky Glover Kendall

Hazel (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:36PM GMT
Surnames: Wilburn, Robertson
Sharon:

Gully Guy Wilburn b 1830 in Tn, married Martha J Robertson, b 1840. Married 9/22/1852. They had the following children:
Ruebin b 1851; Robert b 1852; James b 1856; Frank b 1859; Nancy b 1865; Charles b 1867; Nelson b 05/05/1869; Richard b 7/3/1870; Lucy b 07/25/1874; Kirt b 4/23/1877; Taylor b 4/22/1878. All childern believed borned in Carter Co, Ky.

Gully's father was Robert Wilburn b abt 1780 probably NC. Robert is one of my grandfathers, would love to exhange information about your General Nelson. Still researching Robert.

Hazel

Hazel (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Wilburn
Sharon:

Curious!! How did Gully have the name of General? Was he named after someone.

Hazel

Hazel (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:38PM GMT
Becky:

Gully had a son name of Ruebin born 1851. Not your Ruebin - I will email you direct.

Hazel

Posted: 28 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:38PM GMT
I AM INTERESTED IN ALL WILBURNS WITH ROOTS IN CARTER CO KY.
TO DATE I HAVE SEVERAL THOUSAND WILBURNS, PAST AND PRESENT, IN MY DATABASE, WHO SHARE THESE ROOTS. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY WILBURN ANCESTORS FROM CARTER CO

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

THANKS, VIKKY WILBURN ANDERS IN SAN DIEGO

Vikky Wilburn Anders (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:40PM GMT
Hi Daryl,

Since I e-mailed you directly, I will be brief here...As you can see, I noted that in your reference to Agnes that her surname was Williams...and that there were James, Williams, White and Wilburn connections with Ducans in Giles, VA and also Carter Co KY...lots of them it would appear...

Hope to be able to learn how to publish my database which has a number of lines of Carter Co KY residences who connect either to my own Wilburn line or connect to lines of families that Wilburns married into...

For the most part, the families that I do have in my database who settled into Carter Co KY came from the following places: Giles, VA, Fleming Co KY, Lawrence Co KY, Floyd Co KY, Russell Co VA, Fauquier Co VA, Bedford Co VA,
Halifax, Co VA, Lee Co VA, Claiborne Co TN and Surry and Wilkes Co NC. Whew! I'm tired.

Anyone interested please contact me...I have info that I love to share and I always come away with good folks adding to my own store of knowledge (limited as it is).

I would love to visit beautiful Carter KY and the good people there again

Vikky in San Diego

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Duncan, Wilburn, Marr
Hello Vikky, it appears that our thread concerning Patterson Wilburn and the Duncan family has been lost in the re-structering of the system. I hope that there have not been too many others.

Edward Roy Duncan was a brother to my gr grandfather, William Thomas Duncan. Their parents Leroy & Agnes Duncan moved to Kentucky from Faquier county VA sometime after 1810. Leroy's parents were Joseph Sr. and Jemima (Marr) Duncan. They moved to Greenup county in 1810.

According to research done by Mary Ann Dobson of California, it appears that this Joseph Duncan and Rev Landon Duncan of Giles county VA were 1st cousins. I had never seen any evidence that these families had communication with each other after leaving Fauquier county, but your research seems to show that they did. Thank you for passing it on.To read more about Rev. Landon Duncan, follow this link: http://scholar2.lib.vt.edu/spec/mss/duncan/duncanhp.htm

I would like to hear anything else that you may have that connects these Carter county folks back to Giles or Fauquier county VA.

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: JAMES, MOORE, ZORNS, ROSS
Vikky,
You don't happen to have a William R James b. 1818 married to a Matilda Moore b. abt 1817 anywhere in your records , do you? I have been trying to find his siblings and parents. I have run across much info on all the other James' in Carter county, but can't seem to tie him in anywhere. He spent the last 20 yrs or so of his life in Wilson co,KS,(he died in 1904), where some of George & Rebecca(Zorns) kids ended up. I know George's oldest son was named William, but he married Elizabeth Ross. My cousin has been in contact with one of their descendants.
Any hole you can punch in my brick wall will be greatly appreciated.
Leonard in Kansas

Posted: 7 Sep 2002 12:56AM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: JAMES, WHITE
My husbands ancestors run through two of the sons of John James. The sons names are George James b: 1797 and Bazel James b: 1807 of Carter Co. We also have the surname of White, but they are from Roane Co, VA area mainly. I would enjoy hearing what you know of the James line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic