Search for content in message boards

Milwaukee's German papers: Peter Joseph Fischer, 1897

Milwaukee's German papers: Peter Joseph Fischer, 1897

Posted: 29 Jan 2009 11:39PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 26 Jan 2013 12:36AM GMT
Surnames: Fischer
Peter Joseph Fischer, the well-known manufacturer of feed cutter machines of his own invention, died yesterday after a long illness. The deceased was born in Thorn, Rhenish Prussia, in the year 1835, from where he emigrated to America in the year 1847. He came directly to Milwaukee, where he has since lived continuously. His wife, whom he married in the year 1873, preceded him in death on the past 24th of February. The deceased leaves seven children. The funeral takes place on Thursday morning at 9 o'clock at the mourning home, 356 Clinton Street.

Translated from the "Abend Post", 20 Apr 1897, pg 5, col 1; Milwaukee Public Library

Re: Milwaukee's German papers: Peter Joseph Fischer, 1897

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am sorry, that my Fischer clan comes from India around 1800's, and I have found my cousins which are living in Spain, UK, and two here in Australia. I have non living in America or so I believe. Good luck in your search, but you never knew what is around the corner. I am also searcing for my uncle Leopold's father who was with the Austrian Parliament, and my uncle's back ground is Adaztevel in Hungary.Leopold Markus Fischer b.16th April 1881 Adaztevel in Hungary and his wife Irene Elizabeth Freda b. 19th May 1897 in Poona India and they have 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy. I am not sure if they are in ur family tree as well or u could be related to them, as this is un sure.

Best Regards
Lesley

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: kittell, fischer , luss, langendorfer, berner , bender, dietz, ward, schlender
ssorry to hear of the death of a fischer, my fischer are mostly pasted on as far as i know, most of my fischer ancestor are from wny, and are buried, there, katheine fischer was my gggrandmother, he son cornelus fischer died of alchoholism and his daugher marjorie fischer died of a heart attack in 1992, i have one cousin beverly fischer windsor still living in east aurora ny, she has daughers but no sons to carry on the name, thank you and i am sorry for your loss, ann derner 365 stoney bottom rd, front royal va, 22630 donannd@shentel.net

Re: fischer kate and amanda kittell conner

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 8:00PM GMT
Surnames: kittell, fischer , luss, langendorfer, berner , bender, dietz, ward, schlender
i would like a look up for kate fischer and amanda kittell conner, amanda was born in 1833 and kate fischer was born and died in kansas and is buried in one of the cemeteries in kansas, mcpherson, cloud,or moundsville, kansas i found some of the fischer listed there yesterday, and if some one can do alook ip for me on census records, emigration records, or any census records for 1890, 1900, 1930, 1925, or any records of census that are available to researchers who are researching in kansas, or why, some of my fischer reside in wny, too,

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 9:54PM GMT
Check your local library to see if they have free access to the library edition of Ancestry.com. Or look for a local Family History Library - which would be located in a local Mormon church. Probably your local history or genealogy society would be able to fill you in your local options. In any case, your local library is the best place to start for any of the above information.

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 9:57PM GMT
I am not connected to this family, and they died in 1897. The notice is from the German newspaper collection at the Milwaukee Public Library.

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 2:41AM GMT
I am sorry, that my Fischer clan comes from India around 1800's, and I have found my cousins which are living in Spain, UK, and two here in Australia. I have non living in America or so I believe. Good luck in your search, but you never knew what is around the corner. I am also searcing for my uncle Leopold's father who was with the Austrian Parliament, and my uncle's back ground is Adaztevel in Hungary.Leopold Markus Fischer b.16th April 1881 Adaztevel in Hungary and his wife Irene Elizabeth Freda b. 19th May 1897 in Poona India and they have 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy. I am not sure if they are in ur family tree as well or u could be related to them, as this is un sure.

Best Regards
Lesley

Posted: 3 Feb 2009 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: langendorfer, kittel, bender, berner, dietz, ward, fischer, bender, berner
i cannot go to my locale library or have access to ancestry .com to do any research, if some one can do a look-up for me on amanda kittel married name conner, i would appreciate it they live in el centro california, and kate fischer live in kansas, i would like census records , amanda was on an obituuary in a paper of her brother albert j kittel doed ju;y 24 1943 this was the obituary that i found her in, please check census records from after 1880 , 1900 1940's if they are available to you now, i would appreciate help very much as i have been searching for years for these fischers , i need help very much, thank you for your time

Posted: 3 Feb 2009 12:07AM GMT
ps, i would like to have the first name of conner, the husband of amanda kittell, his birth and death and also marriage records if they are available to you, i do not have access to any library for research or can i go to the archives either, i have to rely on others for help in my reseach and i would certainly be thankful for any help any research in wny or el centro califronia, can help i have not found a site for el centro california to ask for help thank you ann derner front royal va 22630

Posted: 3 Feb 2009 12:31PM GMT

Best Regards
Lesley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions