Search for content in message boards

KELLAR

Posted: 19 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Nov 2004 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: KELLAR, GOODWIN, FISHER, MAY, DITCH
My ggggrandmother was Mary Kellar Goodwin Ditch. Have little information other than Indiana county, PA. She was a school teacher. Her lst husband Unknown Goodwin was a preacher who died on a trip with Mary to West Bend, IA. After his death she bore a son Edward Blair Goodwin b. 5-26-1852 and returned to PA where she left the child with her parents and returned to West Bend to teach. She married Mr Ditch and had a total of 16 children including 4 sets of twins.
If you can add to this interesting story please contact me.
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2002 11:14PM GMT
Surnames: GILLAM, MAY, MOYER, MCGONIGLE, BONNELL, HOLT
I don't have a DOB for Anna Eliza MAY but she died in 1922. All of her children were born in McIntyre, Indiana County, so I am guessing that she and James married there. I don't have anything else on her family yet.
Surnames: KELLAR, MAY, FISHER, GOODWIN
I have an Alice May that married an Unknown Mr Fisher from Scotland, he had fought in the Civil War they were from Indiana County PA. They were farmers, children were Ann, Alice, Mary (m. Kellar in 1875, my 3rd grt grandmother), Henry and Harvey. She died in about 1866 and is supposedly related to the family that started May Seed Company. Maybe she was a sister to my Alice May Fisher. Do you have dates or parents to share?
Edited: 3 Nov 2002 11:14PM GMT
Surnames: GILLAM, MAY, MOYER, MCGONIGLE, BONNELL, HOLT
I notice you are searching for MAY. I have a James GILLAM married to Anna Eliza MAY in Indiana County. Have you seen Anna in your searches?
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 5:12AM GMT
Surnames: May, Stadtmiller, Stahl, Hasinger, Rudl, Livingston, Doberneck
11 Apr 2000 Family Group Sheet
---------------------------------------------
Husband: Andrew Stadtmiller #2201 died at age: 61
---------------------------------------------------- Born: Jul 31 1807 in: Rappach, Alzenan Co., Bavaria, GER
Died: May 26 1868 in: Indiana, Indiana Co., PA
Buried: in: Indiana, Indiana Co., PA
Ref:
Father: Conrad Stadtmiller #2198
Mother: Margaret Batton #2199

ANDREW STADTMILLER DEATH Notice, May 27, 1868, Indiana Register, Indiana Co., PA, "about age 65";

USGenWeb, archives, PA, Indiana Co., Papers Notice Mar 24 1863 abt fire in his brewery, it & house burned down, loss of abt $3k-3.5k, USGenWeb, archives, PA, Indiana Co. smithbreig@email.msn.com (Betty Smith), Andrew Stadtmiller, alt DOD: May 27, 1868

WHEN William Hoffman declared his intent to become a citizen Dec 23 1851 one of the two people who vouched for him was a "A. Stadtmiller", and Mike Dixon thinks this may have been Andrew, who would have been about 45 years of age at the time. Mike cites a record obtained by Bill Hasinger.

------------------------------------------------
Wife: ANNA MAY #2204
Married: in:
--------------------------------------------
Born: Not Known in:
Died: Not Known in:
Father:
Mother:
-------------------------------------------------
M Child 1 George Stadtmiller #2208
Born: abt 1836 in:
Died: aft Dec 1910 in: Latrobe, PA
Spouse: Unknown #5161
Married: Dec 25 1860 in: Indiana, Indiana Co., PA 1
murjast@csrlink.net (James Stahl) has copy of Andrew's will mentions ch Barbara, Susanna, Mary, John, George.
----------------------------------------------------
M Child 2 John Christian Stadtmiller #2205
Born: 1837 in:
Died: aft 1887 in: Indiana, Indiana Co., PA
Spouse: Catherine Rudl #5162
Married: bfr 1871? in: Indiana, Indiana Co., PA?
murjast@csrlink.net (James Stahl) has copy of Andrew's will
mentions ch Barbara, Susanna, Mary, John, George
-----------------------------------------------------
F Child 3 Susanna Stadtmiller #2206
Born: abt 1840 in:
Spouse: James Livingston #3379
murjast@csrlink.net (James Stahl) has copy of Andrew's will mentions ch Barbara, Susanna, Mary, John, George. Barbara b. 1846, I have est. dts of b. for Mary, George, John & Susanna and these need research. Mike Dixon has
Susanna m. to a Mr. Doberneck rather than Jas. Livingston
----------------------------------------------------------
F Child 4 Barbara Stadtmiller #2207
Born: 1846 in: PA
Died: Mar 1926 in: Ft Wayne, IN
Spouse: Reuben Stahl #2213
Married: abt 1865/66 in: PA
Both George J & his brother Andrew named a dau. "Barbara" James Stahl has copy of Andrew's will mentions ch. Barbara, Susanna, Mary, John, George.
Subj: Re: Stadtmiller Gen Date: 12/29/1999 2:39:40 PM Pacific Standard Time
From: murjast@csrlink.net (James Stahl) To: Sjg3587@aol.com

3/22/1926 Mrs Barbara Stadtmiller Stahl aged 80 years,wife of Reuben Stahl, died in her home in Fort Wayne,Indiana Saturday afternoon. Mrs Stahl was a former resident of Indiana and was the last surviving member of the
Andrew Stadtmiller family,She was the mother of "Chick" Stahl who for years was a famous National League baseball player. Funeral services will be conducted in the Stahl home in Fort Wayne Tuesday afternoon
Jim Stahl
----------------
THIS GOT CHOPPED UP PRETTY BAD WHEN IT WAS SCANNED
BY BY JIM. However, it does provide some clues. ---------------
Charles H. Stahl s/o? Charles E. Stahl, aged 52 Years, prominent meat dealer and resident of Saltsburg for many years, died at his home In that place Sunday evening
at 6:65 o'clock. Death was due to pneumonia after a short illness.

He leaves his father, George W. Stahl, and one brother, Sumner Stahl, both of Saltsburg. Funeral services will be conducted in his late residence on Wednesday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock and interment will be made in Saltsburg
Cemetery

GEORGE W. STAHL prominent resident of Honter(?) City for many years died at Wednesday, Jun 14 ___

_____ widow of John F. Stahl and is survived by two married daughters Mabel,wife of J. Johnston of Blacklick Township.

____ Sharp Died and Leona, wife of W. __ Lydia(?), _______ and two grandsons, ___ Johnston and Russell ___ Johnston both of Blacklick Township. Services will be held Friday, June 10 at 210 p. m. at her late home.

_____ Stahl, 83 years old, a former resident of White township, recently an Inmate of the County Home, passed Away in the Home about nine o'clock ____ yesterday morning. Death resulted from shock and injuries received when he fell off a plank On account of his advanced age, the painful injuries and shock were too heavy a burden for the aged man to carry and he passed away. The deceased is survived by a son, Suinner Stahl, with whom he made his home; and two sisters: Susan Ardond(?) and Mrs. Catherine Dodwin (?), both of Penn,

In Philadelphia no to survived by his parents. Glenn , Stahl. Jr, formerly of _____ :and Geraldine White Stahl, formerly of Indiana R. D. 2. who are making their home now in West_____ A1so surviving Is one brother. Terry White
Stahl; the paternal grandparents. Mr. and Mrs. Glenn & Stahl Philadelphia and maternal grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Melvin White, Indiana R. D. 2.
----------------------------------------------------
F Child 5 Mary Stadtmiller #2447
Born: abt 1851 in:
Spouse: Frank Doberneck #2212
murjast@csrlink.net (James Stahl) has copy of Andrew's will mentions ch Barbara, Susanna, Mary, John, George.
-------------------------------------------

1 Indiana Progress, article, Dec 28, 1910

Compiled and edited by Susan Gillberg, sjg3587@aol.com

Elizabeth MAY & John FISHER

Posted: 21 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MAY, FISHER, GOODWIN, KELLAR, BOWER, DITCH
Since I last posted I have more information. Elizabeth MAY b. 1830 d. 1866 possibly in Jefferson Cty m. John Fisher b. 1819 d 1887 in Indiana Cty. Children named in will: Harvey Fisher, Mary Fisher Kellar, Alice Fisher, Jacob Fisher, I also believe they was a John Henry and an Anna, who either died before 1887 or were left out for some other reason. John Fisher married second, Elizabeth Anderson abt 1868. John Fisher was in the 206th PA volunteer Reg.
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: May, Meeks, Wishart, Thomas, Adair, Skirvin, Overstreet
The Meeks and May branch of family I research came out of Kentucky. I was born in 1953 so I am becoming the older generation now and would love to find lost cousins to share family history with. I live in California and would be happy to help find information in this area that may be of interest to others and would like to correspond.

Ditch Family

Dr. Carl E. Ditch (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ditch, Kellar
I looked with anticipation for the name DITCH in your note, but did not find it.
I and nine brothers and sisters were born in Indiana County. There are ten people who have been researching the Ditch ancestory for years. We have dated our family back to 1751, with Henry Ditch arriving 24 Sept 1751. He, his wife, and seven children were living in Cumberland County, but migrated to other counties and states. So the ten of us are from ten different states, and with different last names. Please answer to my email. DitchDebbyLexy@aol.com (Carl Ditch -Salem, Oregon)

Re: Stadtmüller

Posted: 23 Jul 2005 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: STADTMÜLLER STADTMILLER
Susan,

think your ancestor "Andrew Stadtmiller" *31.07.1807
came from today town of D-63776 Mömbris-Rappel, Bavaria, Germany. It is county Aschaffenburg. Alzenau is not far away. There still exists Stadtmüller in Mömbris.

And in nearby (40 km) Steinbach, today D-97816 Lohr-Steinbach had Stadtmüller a brewery 1878 - 1889.

Re: Stadtmüller

Susan Gillberg (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2005 7:34PM GMT
Surnames: Andrew Stadtmiller Origins
Well, there were at least three emigre lines of Stadtmuller, Stadmiller, Stadtmiller, and other spellings, that I have come across: one to Australia, one to USA to State Iowa, and the branch my dec'd brother-in-law is from went to PA and a portion when 1870/80 to CA; a few to MI, IN and so forth. The only one researched is the one went to PA, CA, MI, IN

Ralph Emery, Martin, Lawrence were all direct desc., Helene S. Moore m. a direct desc., as did Michael Dixon (m. oldest dau. of my sister who m. Glenn A Stadtmiller, direct desc.) Bill Hassinger (William, Ace), also direct desc.

All the contributors listed as contributors, EXCEPT myself are related and/or direct desc.

(my only known Germanic ancestor is Michael Huffman, went to USA to KY and then to IL, and desc went to TX and to CA, but that is on my father's mother's line and unrelated)

This is Andrew Stadtmiller
Jul 23 2005 Family Group Sheet

Husband: Andrew Stadtmiller #1294 also known as: Andreas Stattmiller or Stattmuller
Born: Jul 31 1807 in: Rappach, Mombris, Bavaria, GER 1
Died: May 26 1868 in: Indiana Co, PA 2
Buried: May 28 1868 in: St Bernard's Cem, Indiana Co, PA 3
Father: Conrad Stadtmiller #489
Mother: Margaret Batton #488

Wife: Miss Young #1295
Married: ~1831 in: Bavaria 3
Born: aft 1807 in: Bavaria 3
Died: ~1832 in: Bavaria
Father:
Mother:
Possibly a d/o of George Adam Young by his first marriage, bfr he m. Margaret (Batton) Stadtmiller?

F Child 1 Susanna Stadtmiller #1299
Born: 1832 in: GERMANY 5
Died: 1898 in: 6
Other: in: 1880 Census Wooster, Wayne, OH
Spouse: James Livingston
Married: 30 Jul 1848 in: (Wooster), Indiana, PA 7

Wife-2: Anna Maria Hoffman #1296 also known as: Anna Mary/Mary Ann Hofman
Married: ~1832 in: Bavaria 3
Born: Feb 2 1802 in: Rappach, Mombris, Bavaria, GER 3
Died: Yes in: poss Indiana Co, PA 3
Buried: in: pos St Bernard Cath Cem, Indiana Co, PA
Father: Conrad Hofmann #1298
Mother: Anna Maria Krebs #1297

M Child 1 John Christian Stadtmiller #1345
Born: Dec 19 1834 in: Indiana, Indiana Co., PA 8
Died: Jun 4 1888 in: Indiana, Indiana Co., PA 9
Buried: in: St Bernard's Cem, Indiana Co, PA
Other: in: 1880 Census, Indiana, Indiana, PA
Spouse: Elizabeth Catherine Anna Rudl #1346
Married: Oct 03 1867 in: Westmoreland Co, PA 6 in: St. Vincent's Archabbey
1880 Census, Indiana, Indiana, PA
M Child 2 George Stadtmiller #1393
Born: Jan 7 1837 in: Indiana Co, PA 10
Died: aft Dec 1910 in: Westmoreland Co, PA 9
Other: in: 1880 Census Indiana, Indiana, PA
Spouse: Sophie Steinmetz #1394
Married: Dec 25 1860 in: Indiana Co, PA 11
or in Westmoreland Co, PA
listed in 1869 RC Census Feb 16th on Clymer, bewtween Water & Oak Sts d aft Dec 1910
George STADTMILLER Self M MW 45 PA Ice Dealer BAV BAV
F Child 3 Katherine Mary Stadtmiller #1140
Born: April 30 1840 in: Indiana Co, PA 12
Died: Oct 1905 in: Greensburg, Indiana Co, PA 13
Other: 1880 in: Census, Pittsburg, Allegheny, PA
Spouse: Frank Doberneck #1141
Married: by 1858 in: Indiana Co, PA 14
F Child 4 Barbara Stadtmiller #1411
Born: 1843 in: Indiana Co, PA 15
Died: Mar 1926 in: Allen Co, IN 7
Other: in: 1880 Census Avilla, Noble, IN
Spouse: Rheuben Stahl #1412