Search for content in message boards

Family Reunion?

Family Reunion?

Posted: 24 Jul 2007 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Beach, Beech
What with the initiation of the Beach DNA project and new researchers supplimenting Eugene's work (as well as others) a few people have proposed a Beach Family Reunion as a way to spark plug new researchers, developing new links and fellowship.

What say you folks?

How about the northwest Chicago suburbs (good travel links, cheap hotels and plenty of meeting spaces).

Re: Family Reunion?

Posted: 27 Jul 2007 3:28AM GMT
THE DECENDENTS OF HOMER BEACH , 2ND SETTLER OF MILLINGTON,TUSCOLA CO., MICH WILL BE HAVING A REUNION IN MILLINGTON ON 11 AUG. 2007 IN THE TOWNS " LATHAM PARK ". ANY OF THE BEACH LINE & THEIR SURNAMES ARE WELCOMED TO STOP BY THAT SAT. FROM 10 A.M. TO 6 P.M. AT THE ENOS PAVILLION .HOMER HAD SIBLINGS & FAMILY WHO REMAINED IN LIVINGSTON COUNTY WHEN HE MOVED TO MILLINGTON . COME JOIN THE FUN & MEET OTHERS FROM THE FAMILY TREE .

Posted: 27 Jul 2007 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: BEACH
Thank you for the invitation to join your reunion. I would love to participate, unfortunately, I live a long distance from your location.

I would like to bring up one topic that would be of a benefit to talk about during your reunion. The subject: DNA testing! We started a BEACH DNA Project last winter and would love to have cousins from Homer's or other BEACH family lineage join. You can contact me directly at: DKBeachFam@aol.com, or visit FamilyTree DNA's website and join our Project. Their web address is: http://www.familytreedna.com, enter BEACH in the search box and you will be taken to our link. BEACH public site is: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/BEACHDNAPROJECT.

Best regards, Denis Beach

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons-Beach-Taylor-Dugan-Wiseman-Sexton
Please forgive me being naive, but how does this show if you are part of a family when you don't know anything about them? All I have to go on is my grandfather was listed as a Beach when he was 5 yrs. on a census record. Now, not having any of their DNA, how would it prove that I was related and to whom? I don't understand.

Re: Family R./Lineage information

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 9:40PM GMT
Hello,

You have a challenge ahead of you, I will be happy to assist, but need much information. If you wouldn't mind contacting me off the message board where we can direct mail, I'll try and assist your research.

Regards, Denis Beach
DKBeachFam@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic