Search for content in message boards

MECUM, MECOM, RENN, BAKER

MECUM, MECOM, RENN, BAKER

Posted: 6 Apr 2002 5:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Apr 2002 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: MECUM, MECOM, RENN, BAKER
Searching for info on John MECUM (MECOM), b. 1763 NJ, d. 1852 Muncy, Lycoming Co., married Margaret - children: David, Jonathan, John, George W., Mary, Elizabeth, Rachel, Catherine, Margaret, Susana, + one unknown.

David MECUM (MECOM) b. 1811 in Williamsport was my gggrandfather and was married to 1. Catherine BAKER and 2. Ann RENN.

1850 Will of John RENN of Franklin Twp, Lycoming Co. mentions his daughter Ann RENN and husband David MECUM as being separated.

Re: MECUM, MECOM, RENN, BAKER

Debbie Szekeres (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2002 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Renn, Mecum, Brittain
Hi Gwen, I'm going to be brief for now. Anna Renn who married David Mecum and lived in Franklin Twp., Lycoming Co., PA is the sister of Hannah Renn Brittain who is my great, great grandmother. So if you're a descendant of Anna and David's, then we're cousins. Small world.
Debbie

Posted: 12 Apr 2002 3:35AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2002 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: MECUM, RENN, BAKER
Debbie:

David MECUM was married twice that I know of, and I am not sure what (if any) children he had with Anne RENN - I have been trying to determine if Anne - or his first wife Catherine BAKER - was my gggrandmother....????? Do you have any info on Anne? Somewhere I have the Will of her father....would be interested in what you have on the family.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Please email me personally so that we can continue this discussion at: Gwen@AmericanServiceCo.com

Cuzzin? Gwen

Posted: 30 May 2006 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Renn
Debbie, I see you believe Anna & Hannah Renn were sisters, do you know then who their parents were ? I am searching for Renns and connections to them in the Lycoming area. Any help is greatly appreciated, Judy

Gwen Mecum Hunt (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2006 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Renn, Mecum
1850 Will of John RENN of Franklin Twp, Lycoming Co. mentions his daughter Ann RENN and husband David MECUM as being separated.

Somewhere I have a copy of John Renn's Will, but at least you have her father's name. If you are interested I can try to locate the copy.

Debbie Szekeres (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2006 2:17AM GMT
John and Charity Renn of Franklin Twp., Lycoming Co., PA are the parents of Ann, wife of David Meccum; Catherine, wife of George Russell; Mary Ann; Philip, husband of Anna Mary Lore; Hannah, wife of Zebulon Jackson Brittain (my ancestors); William; John Adam, husband of Julia Ann Houseknecht; and Bernard. All or most of this info can be found in Deed Book 35, p. 579 at the Lycoming County Courthouse in Williamsport, PA. Any other questions or comments? Debbie

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2006 3:32AM GMT
Gwen, thank-you for your response ! I would be very grateful for a copy of John Renn's will. I descend from William Renn b. abt. 1812 Pa. I do think his father may have been John and then the Frederick listed in the 1830 & 1840 census was probably John's brother. Have you been able to track John any further back than this ? This is all great, I know this is my line and have been searching for years trying to fit it all together, Thank-you so very much , any help is greatly appreciated, Judy

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2006 3:40AM GMT
Debbie, Thank-you so much ! I do believe these are my Renn ancestors and I have been working a long time trying to place William into either John's or Frederick's family. Do you know whether or not John & Frederick brothers ? or anything more beyond them ? This is great, anything you care to share is appreciated, Thanks again for your response, Judy

Gwen Mecum Hunt (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2006 4:08AM GMT
Surnames: Renn, Mecum
Abstracted from copy of Will supplied by B.J. Wilkins a descendant of Renn's.: parts of Will were difficult to read so it may not be completely accurate:

Last Will and Testament of John Renn, Franklin Twp. Lycoming County, PA
".....my wife Charity Renn..."
"....at the death of my wife that the farm be sold and the proceeds equally divided amongst my children, viz: Anne Mecum, Philip Renn, John Renn, Bernet Renn, William Renn, Hannah Brittain, Catharine Russell, Sarah Renn, Mary Renn, and it is my desire and intention that the shares or dividend that may be coming to my daughters Anne Mecum and Catharine Russell be paid to them and for their use and not to their husbands (David Mecum and George Russell): in case of the death of either of my two daughters their share to be equally divided amongst her children and I further order the direct my executors to take receipt and every other discharge further payments of the payments of the aforesaid share or shares from the said Anne and Catharine and not from the said David Mecum or George Russell their husbands unless they cohabit and live with their said wives and that them as such and in that case not to be paid unless by the advice and consent of the said Anne and Catharine.....

Will signed 12 September 18__. Recorded 25 February 1850.
Zeb Brittain and Philip Renn, executors
Daniel Dugan and Bernard Renn, witnesses.

(Gwen Mecum Hunt)

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2006 2:47AM GMT
Gwen, thanks again for the copy of John's will, I hate to ask but do you have any birth or death dates or places ? Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions