Search for content in message boards

Winterson, Logan

Winterson, Logan

Posted: 15 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jan 2005 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: WINTERSON, LOGAN, VAUGHN, MURPHY
I am trying to find the link with Catherine LOGAN and Margaret WINTERSON. I think they were sisters. Owen WINTERSON of Kinawley Parish, Doon may be the father. A Laur WINTERSON, Kinawley Parish, Derrycannon may figure in the picture. Any connection would be appreciated.

Re: Winterson

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 4:41PM GMT
Surnames: Winterson, Lunney
I am interested in Frank Winterson, who was in the 1911 census in Bawnboy, Cavan, but had been born in Fermanagh; I think he must be a son or other relative of Owen Winterson of Doon, Fermanagh. Frank's son was John, there was a daughter Ellen Rose b. 1903 and a son Owen, who was born in Cavan. The older children had been born in America; the family must have returned to Ireland between 1906 and 1908. I'm interested in this family because my husband's great aunt Ellen Lunney was married to Frank Winterson. THis is why I think these Cavan Wintersons must be the same as the Wintersons of Doon, because she was from the next townland, Molly. Ellen Rose Winterson emigrated to the Boston area in 1928; what happened to her?

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 3:48PM GMT
Here is my Winterson Tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/19835843/family?cfpid=2001747...

It looks like Frank Francis Winterson's father was Owen Winterson/Rose Maguire. Owen Sr. was born in Doon, however, his father, Owen, b. 1796, was born in Cavan.

The last I have of Ellen Rose is she came back from Ireland to Boston on 14 Oct 1928. she must have married shortly after that, because she doesn't show up in the 1930 census.

Here is the e-mail of Rick Winterson who descends from the Boston Wintersons. He might have some information: rick@southbostononline.com

Ken Finlayson

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 5:23PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I thought likely that Frank was son of Owen of Doon. Have we been in touch before about Fermanagh families? You must have other connections in that area?

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 5:40PM GMT
My ancestors are the Murphys of whom James Murphy married Margaret Winterson in Derrycanon. Lawrence Winterson Sr. went there when he married an Armstrong girl in Derrycanon. I have never been able to document the connection between Lawrence Sr. and Owen, his brother in Doon, thus my passion in trying to find connections with the Wintersons. There is still a Winterson family in Derrycanon adjacent to the Murphy cottage. They might be related to Lawrence Jr. who lived there in the 1860s. I did not meet them. I was into Murphy when I was there. Anyway, if you find anyone who has in depth knowledge of the Wintersons in Doon, let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions