Search for content in message boards

Knowles or Thompson?

Knowles or Thompson?

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 12:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
I thought I had found the surname of my Margaret that married William Carey, in the Bahamas. Bahamian records indicated she was a Knowles. The kids names and dates all matched. They immigrated to Key West about 1880. However, I then found a US census that had the family listed along with two single females with the surname of Thompson listed as sisters-in-law of William. So wouldn't that make his wife a Thompson? All very confusing. Does anyone have a connection to this family?

Re: Knowles or Thompson?

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: Kemp, Knowles or Thompson
What were the names of the two Thompson children? Golden & Carry are on a 1910 census with the family of Richard & Anna Knowles and they are the children of Walter Henry Thompson and Drucilla Adrilla Kemp. Walter & Drucilla's daughter (Miriam Golden Thompson) is my husband's Grandmother. I would be interesting to hear back. Walter & Drucilla were both from the Bahamas and immigrated to Key West, Fl. To make you more confused, they also had another child named Camille that was on the 1910 census with the family of John & Ella Gaite also of Key West. I understand Drucilla died a short time after the birth of Carry (Carrie) in 1902 and sometime before 1910.

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 12:43AM GMT
I am afraid those you named are not part of my family. I am looking for a William Carey who married a Margaret who was either a Knowles or a Thompson. Their children were Ida, Gertrude, Emma Jane, Nettie and William.

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 4:06AM GMT
Surnames: Carey, Thompson
Just realized I never actually answered your question. The girls on the 1880 census living with Wm and Margaret Carey were Elizabeth and Susan Thompson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic