Andrew STRACHAN 19C

Strachan

Nicola Dow (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 May 2009 9:27AM GMT
Surnames: Strachan, Bey, Scorgie, Anderson, Lovie
Hi,

This is my Strachan information, but it will be the wrong time frame for you, so it probably won't be of use. It will help if you know where in Aberdeenshire you need to look. There seem to be quite a few Strachans!!

Andrew Strachan married Elizabeth Bey (possibly McBey) and they had son Alexander Strachan (probably other children as well). Alexander was born in 1821. He married Elizabeth Scorgie first and then Margaret Anderson (date unknown). Alexander and Margaret had daughter Margaret Anderson Strachan born 1847, married William Lovie on Dec 8 1876 in Old Machar and died 1927. They also had sons Peter and Chas, but I'm not sure what happened to them. Alexander died 1871 in St Nicholas, ABD, Margaret Anderson died 1861, also in St Nicholas.

Nicola

Andrew STRACHAN 19C

Jean Gannaway (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2009 9:23AM GMT
Surnames: STRACHAN
Info on Andrew Strachan, please, who was married to Elizabeth Littlejohn and lived in Aberdeenshire. One daughter, Jessie Jane Strachan was my grandmother. She was born in Aberdeenshire in 1876 and married James Stevenson, my grandfather who was a professional footballer for Du,mbarton. Interested in Andrew Strachans parents and also parents of Elizabeth Littlejohn his wife. .Andrew and Elizabeth had two daughters and eight sons and infro on any of the eight sons and Jessie Jane Strachans other sister wouldbe appreciated.

Re: Strachan

Posted: 15 Aug 2001 2:53PM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2009 9:29AM GMT
Surnames: Strachan, Scorgie
Dear Nicola,
As far as I can discover George Scorgie was born 20 Feb 1862. His mother Elizabeth married Alexander Strachan 15 Sept 1865 and George took the name of Strachan. He was my grandfather. I am delighted to have found Alexander's first wife Margaret Anderson. I notice that Margaret Anderson Strachan / Lovie died in 1927 , my birth year. I would like to find if there were any Lovie children, what became of Peter and Chas. and who Andrew Strachan,s ancestors were.

Jean Gannaway (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2009 10:37AM GMT
Surnames: Strachan, Littlejohn,
Hi: Barbara: My great grandfather was Andrew Strachan who married Elizabeth Littlejohn. My GGGrandfather, also Andrew Strachan had two daughters and eight sons. But I have yet to get all of their names and history. They were from Glenmuick, Aberdeenshire. When I get the information I will be happy to share it with you. Possible one of the sons may have been Alexander. I have a 93 year old aunt living in Scotland who has promised to send me some info on the Strachans. I await hearing from her. Jean

April (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2001 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: STRACHAN
I would be interested in any information you may have on STRACHAN. We have a James (father) and a Mary (daughter) married into our family about 1840. Mary married a James Wood. Mary was believed to have come from Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

Re: Strachan (my STRACHAN connection)

Bob Duff (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2001 2:02PM GMT
Surnames: STRACHAN, DUFF, MURISON
Hi-
if your interested here are my links to the STRACHAN family in Aberdeen.

Regards,
Bob
--------------------------------
JOHN1 STRACHAN was born 1805 in Peterhead, Aberdeen. He married ANN MURISON October 28, 1830 in Peterhead, Aberdeen, daughter of ALEXANDER MURISON and ANN ROBB. She was born 1804 in Peterhead, Aberdeen, and died September 26, 1867 in Peterhead, Aberdeen.

Notes for JOHN STRACHAN:
In the 1851 St Clements Aberdeen Census, he is listed as neighbors of his father-in-law's family. He was also a Blacksmith born in Peterhead. His wife, Ann Strachan m.s. Murison was listed also as a blacksmith's wife. They had children, Jane (b 1832, dressmaker), Ann (b1834, ), John (b1836), and Alexander (b 1838).

The address was Park Lane, Farquhar's Square.

Peterhead 1867 Deaths
No.159, Ann Strachan married to John Strachan Blacksmith, died 26//9/1867
at 7h 40m am 17/2 Marischal Street, female, 63 years, parents: Alexander
Murrison, Blacksmith
(dead) and Ann Murrison ms Robb (dead), cause: unknown, no medical
attendant, informant: John Duff, son-in-law, present, occupier.

Marriage Notes for JOHN STRACHAN and ANN MURISON:
I need to search the 1851 peterhead census for them.

Children of JOHN STRACHAN and ANN MURISON are:
i. JANE2 STRACHAN, b. 1832.
2. ii. ANN STRACHAN, b. August 11, 1833, Peterhead, Aberdeen.
iii. JOHN STRACHAN, b. August 10, 1835, Peterhead, Aberdeen.

Notes for JOHN STRACHAN:
The witnesses according to the OPR were Alexander Murison and Robert Ma?e.

iv. ALEXANDER STRACHAN, b. September 27, 1837, Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen.
v. CHRISTIAN STRACHAN, b. June 07, 1839, Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen.
vi. MARGARET HUME STRACHAN, b. June 10, 1842, Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen.

Generation No. 2

2. ANN2 STRACHAN (JOHN1) was born August 11, 1833 in Peterhead, Aberdeen. She married JOHN DUFF November 21, 1857 in Heading Hill, Aberdeen, son of DAVID DUFF and ANN STEWART. He was born 1821.

Notes for ANN STRACHAN:
I have her birth record in 1833. The witnesses to her birth were Alex and Ann Murison

Children of ANN STRACHAN and JOHN DUFF are:
i. ANN3 DUFF, b. November 23, 1858, Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen.
ii. JANE STRACHAN DUFF, b. June 30, 1860, Huntly, Aberdeen.
iii. MARY ISABELLA DUFF, b. October 01, 1862, Peterhead, Aberdeen.
iv. JOHN DUFF, b. July 01, 1864, Peterhead, Aberdeen; d. 1865, Peterhead, Aberdeen.
v. ALEXANDER DUFF, b. November 06, 1865, Peterhead, Aberdeen; d. 1866, Peterhead, Aberdeen.
vi. DAVID DUFF, b. September 13, 1867, Peterhead, Aberdeen.
vii. JESSIE DUFF, b. May 05, 1869, Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen.
viii. ROBERT STEWART DUFF, b. June 03, 1871, Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen.

Re: Strachan (my STRACHAN connection)

J.Gannaway (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 12:33PM GMT
Thank you Bob: Dont see any connection with Strachan. Interestingly I have an uncle John Corbett Mann Duff born in Perthshire. Thanks will keep the record for future checking. Jean

Re: Strachan/Lovie

Posted: 13 Apr 2002 10:12PM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2009 9:30AM GMT
Surnames: Strachan, Lovie
I believe we are distantly connected.through Strachan/Lovie side of the family. I have a William Strachan b. 1852, Woodside, Savoch, Aberdeen, marr Agnes Finnie Lovie b. 1835, Tarves, Aberdeen. They married 21 June 1873. Agnes' parents were George Lovie b. 1831, Tarves and Isobel Allan b. 1827, Old Machar, Aberdeen. They were married December 1851. I would be grateful if anyone have any information on William Strachan. All I have is his parents who were Alexander Strachan marr September 1846, Old Meldrum to Mary Leslie. I am also looking for information on Isobel Allan.
Many thanks.

Posted: 2 May 2005 8:50AM GMT
Surnames: Strachan, Bey
Hi Nicola
Only recently found this branch of our family.
I have the following information
Andrew Strachan born 1770 parents were Lewis Strachan and Janet Watt. Andrew married Betty Bey( born 1789 and parent mention Straed is James Bey)at Logie Coldstone 20th July 1808.
My interest in the family is a brother of Andrew's Charles born 1767 who is my great great great grandfather.
I do have a list of the children of Andrew and Betty.
I would love to compare notes on the family.

Re: tracing great,great grandparents

Posted: 30 Jan 2007 12:30AM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2009 10:38AM GMT
Surnames: Strachan
I notice a Robert Strachan maried 28 Sep 1874 of 10 Keithall Rd, Inverurie to Helen (nee Taylor) Alsop, Widow,
I do not have any children of this marriage listed.

Any relationship to your Andrew Strachan

Robyne Moulds (Australia)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic