Search for content in message boards

Hanslip Family from Colne, Lancs. Engalnd to Victoria Canada

Hanslip Family from Colne, Lancs. Engalnd to Victoria Canada

Posted: 27 Jan 2002 7:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Hanslip, Horner, Holden,
Hi
I am trying to trace any relatives of Arthur Hanslip, he originally came from Colne, Lancashire, England.born abt 1900 and died abt 1992 in Victoria Canada.
All I know at the moment is that he had a hairdressing salon called Maison Hanslip at 1848 Oak Bay, he had three other brothers Alfred, George and John. George I believe had a salon in Paris where Arthur worked for a time.
This information is from a newspaper cutting from the Victoria Canada Times, given to me by Walter Stafford, also researching the Hanslips
I would really love to hear from any one who is related, I have lots of information to share.
Regards
Susan B

Re: Hanslip Family from Colne, Lancs. Engalnd to Victoria Canada

Posted: 2 Feb 2002 4:20AM GMT
Could this be Victoria B.C. not Victoria County in Ontario?

Lyn

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 2:02PM GMT
Hi Lynda
Thanks for the reply, but being over here in Lancashire, UK. you seem to have lost me completely. I do not know what the difference is between Victoria B.C. and Victoria County, Ontario. I only have a newspaper cutting that mentions the address that I have put in my query. The newspaper was the Victoria Canada Times. Maybe this might help? Do you know how I may be able to find out which it is? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
SueB

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 2:33PM GMT
Yes that would be Victoria B.C.
http://www.canada.com/victoria/
You might try
http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/textual/governmt/vstats/v_ev...

B.C. is a Province located on the west coast of Canada
Ontario is in Central Canada around the Great lakes
http://canada.gc.ca/canadiana/lmap_e.html

Lynda

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 3:42PM GMT
Hi Lynda

Thanks for that info, I will certainly try them to see.
Thanks once again for the reply, will let you know how I get on.
Regards
SueB

Posted: 1 Apr 2002 7:44PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2006 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: Hanslip
Hello there,
I grew up living across the street from Arthur Hanslip. He and his wife Georgie were like second parents to me. I believe his daughter, Barrie Hanslip, still lives in Victoria. I think she has a Llama farm just west of the city. Try looking for her on the internet.

He also had another daughter named Sharon. There were 2 sons as well, Gavin and I can't remember the other's name. They lived for many years on Hollywood Crescent in Victoria, BC. I think one of the sons lived in Calgary, Alberta.

Hope this helps. I haven't thought of them for a few years. They were really wonderful people. Art filled a place in my heart, as I was separated from my father as a child. If you run into Barrie, please give her my love. She was like a big sister to me.

Tricia Scott Datené

Susan Brown (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Hanslip, Holden, Chesson
Hi Tricia
Many thanks for that information, I will try and find Barrie on the net. Although I must admit I had Barrie down as a male not female. The other son whose name you cannot remember was Arthur jnr.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posting
Regards and best wishes
Susan

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 2:17PM GMT
It seems like Arthurs father (John William) and my Great Great Grandfather (George Edward) were brothers. Looks like we are distant relatives? But I'm from Northern Ireland, I hope you see this reply - 10 years after you made the post

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 5:07AM GMT
Hi Diane,

Arthur Hanslip was my Grandfather and his daughter Sharon is my mother. I'm also related to Susan Brown. I'm happy to correspond with you re family history matters.

Cheers,

Dale Richardson
daler1633@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic