Search for content in message boards

information

information

Teri McCullough (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCollough, Morrison
I am looking for information on my great grandfather, JAMES MONROE MCCOLLOUGH. He married my great grandmother EMILY MORRISON. She was from Cora,LA and he was from Pikins,LA. They had 7 children,4 sons and 3 daughter.My grandfather is O.W.(Mack)McCollough. I can remember going to the cemetery with my grandfather as a child, but have no idea where it was. Somewhere in Vernon Parish. Please can anyone help? I think he might have died in the 1930.Also any information on Emily Morrsion from Cora. She had 2 Brothers. I.J.MORRISON of Glenmora and JOE MORRISON of Leesville. Can anyone help? Born 1891 Died 1976......

Morrison

Darlene Morrison Long (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Morrison
I have info on Emily Morrison. She was the daughter of Edward "Ned" Morrison, brother to my GGrandfather Absolum
Morrison. Absolum & Edward were the sons of Edmund Morrison.
I would be glad to share info. Please e-mail me
darlenelong@speedgate.net (I need info on the family of Emily & James McCullough)

McCollough/Morrison

Andle McCollough McMillen (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McCollough, Morrison, Fish
I have information on James Monroe McCollough and Emily Lou "Emma: Morrison.

James Monroe McCollough was the son of James B McCollough and Harriet Bryant. He was born June 17, 1884 and died June 17, 1930 in Pitkin, Vernon La.
James' parents were Isaac and Anne McCollough, they were my G-G-G-Grandparents. They had a son, Jesse McCollough who married Ginsey Watson, daughter of Timothy Watson and Mary Davis. Jesse and Ginsey McCollough were my G-G-Grandparents
They had a son Middleton Dock McCollough born April 1883 in Fullerton, La, Died December 28, 1964 in Orange, Texas. He married Cora Ell Fish, born August 7,1884 in Pitkin, Vernon La. Died January 31, 1976 in Orange, Texas. Both Dock and Cora are buried in the Cannon Cemetery in Merryville, La. Cora Fish was the daughter of William Fish am seeking information in the Fish line.

Emily Lou "Emma" Morrison was born June 6, 1890, Cora, Vernon La. and died May 6, 1976 in Shreveport, Caddo, La.

Children of James Monroe and Emily Morrison:
Lucille, Odis Woodrow, Beatrice Lee, Myrtle Marie, Aquila, Edgar Lee, Charles Byron, and James Monroe Jr.

Of Note - James B McCollough was the first postmaster of Leander, La.

McCollough Family

Posted: 12 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2001 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: McCullough, McCollough
My mother's family is from Vernon Parish. Leander McCullough was my grandfather. Would love to see what you have on the McCullough/McCollough Family. If I could be of any help let me know.

Re: information -mccullough/mccollough

Posted: 30 Aug 2001 10:10PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 8:34PM GMT
teri: either of these two spellings are from the same family. co-incidentaly i am researching zinamon mccullough my gg grandfather also from pitkin, la. i have hit the wall. however pitkin was a small town nicknamed "slabtown". i don't know if that denotes poverty or what. i have contacted a person in leesville, vernon parish and they are mailing me a small out of print book on pitkin and the area's history. i will post that source on the message boards one i recieve it. the chances are extremely high that zinamon and your james monroe are closely related. appreciate any further if you have it. also zinamon was born in 1853 and was married to nancy a davis also from pitkin.

Re: information

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 9:13PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:41AM GMT
Teri -

If you're still out there, please answer. Sent you email & it kicked back.

cwhite (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2001 3:25PM GMT
I have a less mcculloug whose daughter amanda married a sylvester welch. are there any chances they are connedted?
thank you for answering

cwhite (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2001 3:26PM GMT
I have a less mccullough whose daughter, amanda married a sylvester welch. their daughter elizabeth was my grandmother and married ben franklin anding. are there any chances they are connedted?
thank you for answering

Posted: 23 Nov 2001 3:49PM GMT
SORRY, I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THOSE NAMES.

BILL

Posted: 27 May 2002 10:14PM GMT
LESLIE MCCOLLOUGH'S DAU AMANDA DID MARRY FRANCIS SYLVESTER WELCH IN 1868. THAT MUST MAKE US MANY TIMES REMOVED COUSINS OF SOME SORT.

BILL MCCULLOUGH
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions