Search for content in message boards

Hillman Rust Montmorency Allens Manns Gohls

Hillman Rust Montmorency Allens Manns Gohls

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Apr 2004 9:45PM GMT
Surnames: Allen Mann Gohl Kelly Rea Klein
I am a regular visitor to the areas listed. I am definetly related to the surnames related above. I will be happy to share any information I have, and am always looking for more. I can check cemeteries and local records a couple of times each year. Let me know if anyone needs anything, and I will see what I can do.

Re: Hillman Rust Montmorency Allens Manns Gohls

Kevin Rea (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2004 3:38AM GMT
Surnames: Rea
Hello,
I would be interested in knowing any REA information you may have. I have a ton of info on my family tree but very few pictures or memorabilia.
But I find it strange that I dont see any other of the surnames that you listed on my family names (which contains over 200 names).

Can't wait to hear back.
Kevin

Posted: 24 Jul 2004 10:30AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2004 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Gohl
I am a member of one of the Gohl "clans" up there. We're all shirt-tail relations of each other. My grandfather Peter grew up in Rust Township part of his life and I believe there is a story about a grandmother that was shot at picking berries because they thought she was a bear? What ever info you have would be greatly appreciated as my father and his brothers don't remember much and my grandparents have died. Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you, a potential cousin.....LOL.

Mecquelch Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2004 8:52PM GMT
Rita:

Yes, I have heard the bear story too...lol. i think every family up there has one...my grandma got chased up onto a rock pile by a big-antlered buck once too. anyhow, Gohl was the maiden name of my great grandmother's mother, i believe...the info is not in front of me at the moment. feel free to email me, though at:

kellianchapman@netzero.com

Posted: 26 Sep 2004 5:30AM GMT
looking for graves in Hillman-Rust Cemetery of Elizabeth Eichorn and her husband Joseph Eichorn . She born NY abt 1847 and he born abt 1839-40 NY.
Their daughter Azile Eichorn MacQueen b 1870 NY, died Hillman,
17 Oct 1887, wife of Alexander MacQueen

Thanks in advance. MAM

Posted: 26 Sep 2004 5:30AM GMT
looking for graves in Hillman-Rust Cemetery of Elizabeth Eichorn and her husband Joseph Eichorn . She born NY abt 1847 and he born abt 1839-40 NY.
Their daughter Azile Eichorn MacQueen b 1870 NY, died Hillman,
17 Oct 1887, wife of Alexander MacQueen

Thanks in advance. MAM

Posted: 10 May 2005 12:36AM GMT
Rita, The "Gohl" shot for a bear was Mary Ann (Terrell) Gohl wife of Friedrich Gohl. She would be my great, great grandmother. I haven't completed much searching yet on this branch of the family so my information is slim right now, but I will be researching more soon. I have her birth year as either 1829 or 1832. She died in Hillman, Michigan on October 20, 1893 via a gun shot when someone thought she was a bear. The bear story was told to me by my great aunt, Pearl (Gohl) English.

Mecquelch (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2005 2:30PM GMT
Surnames: Gohl/Allen/Mann/Coffer
I've heard the story of the Gohl/bear shot as well. We weren't sure who that was until the posting. Thanks. Mary Ann Gohl was my great great grandmother, I think. I don't have my notes handy. I think Mary Ann was my great grandmother Luella's mother. You might find some info, if I've posted it yet, on ancestry dot com.

Posted: 3 Jul 2007 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Mann
I am looking for information on James Mann and Raymond Earl Mann from Rust area. Please email me with any info you may have.
ttauriainen@wwnet.net

Posted: 21 Mar 2008 6:05AM GMT
yes Joseph and Elizabeth Eichorn, and the whole MacQueen Clan are there in the Rust Twp cemetery. I have been there and seen them. John and Janet(nee Sims)MacQueen were there Parents to Alex, and my Great Grandfather James Harvey MacQueen Azile's daughter, and husband Guy and Azile Atkinson are also buried there anything I can help with am more than glad to help. There are Allen's there as well there was one who married a MacQueen too. I can be reached at littleyellarbus@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions