Search for content in message boards

Earliest Accomac Settlers

Also...

David A. Webb (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCOTT, MILLINGTON
I'm also interested in possibly finding out some information on any early SCOTT's in Accomac Co. since one of my ancestors Thomas BLACKLOCK seems to have married an Anne Christian SCOTT, possibly born in Accomack County in 1635.

The name MILLINGTON is also in this line, but maybe after they moved to Hanover county. The daughter Elizabeth MILLINGTON had a father named John.

thanks,
Dave Webb

Earliest Accomac Settlers

David A. Webb (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BLALOCK, BLAYLOCK, BLACKLOCK
I'm interested in finding more information on where in Accomac County some of the earliest settlers settled (for lack of a better word). Are there any land records for late 17th century properties? Where would I go about finding them (outside of Accomac county that is)? What about a good topographical map of the county? Any ideas?

I've got Virginia's Eastern Shore, but it's not very good at letting you know where the places it mentions are located. Awful lack of maps. The one I've seen online is pretty pathetic too. I'd love to see a decent one.

My first ancestor was Thomas Blacklock, found in 1623 on the Accomac rolls. I'd love to hear from anyone else out there who may have done research on this topic or is a descendant of this individual.

Thanks,
Dave Webb

Palmer

kim (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am searching for info on Thomas Palmer (b. 1590 in London, England/d. 1633 in Accomac County, Va) His wife was Joane Jordan (Palmer) who came over from England with Thomas. I know of their child John but don't know if there were other children. Any info greatly appreciated!!! kim
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2002 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Blalock
I am also a desendant of Thomas Blalock who migrated to Accomac County from Carlisle,England in the early 1600's.
We are trying to fill in the gaps of our line who went to NC
and SC in the 1700's,GA in the early 1800's,and ARK in the late 1800's.
Any info is most welcome.
Thanks,
Charline

Accomack County

Posted: 5 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: Hussey
The site: http://www.esva.net/ghotes/ has a lot of information on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Check it out.

thomas blaylock

john blaylock (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: blaylock
hello, I believe im one of thomases links.I have tried
to find info on accomac county. but not a lot at
this time.

The missing "Y"

Posted: 2 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: Blalock
Dear Charlene,

For the past four months I've been burning up the internet about the Blaylock geneology. If you check records like Ancestory.com you will find that Thomas Blaylock does appear
both with the Y and without the Y. The dates are all the same. I feel it was actually Charles Millington Blaylock who
for unknown reasons added the Y which appears in my name. He was the son of Millington Blalock who is buried in Person County N.C. along with his second wife Elizabeth. In
fact all the North Carolina Blalocks are buried there except
my great, great,grandfather, Charles Millington Blaylock. He was buried in Arkansas. I have several other facts I can share with you. Please e-mail me at your convience.Oops! I allmost forgot to mention the family line back to AccomacK
Thomas Blalock, Thomas Blalock Jr.,John William Blalock,then
comes Millington Blaylock, Charles Millington Blaylock, Alfred Newton Blaylock, John Quincy Blaylock, John Preston Blaylock,then finally me.

Thank You, your distant cousin,

Mike

Re: The missing "Y"

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 1:43AM GMT
Mike:
Who was Charles Millington Blaylock married to?
Also who was Alfred Newton married to?
My GGGGrandfather was Charles M. I think his father was Buckner Blaylock. We may by cousins. Jim JimRushing2000@yahoo.com

Re: Earliest Accomac Settlers

Posted: 2 Oct 2001 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Thomas William Blaylock
I too am related and would like to hear from other relatives.

Re: Earliest Accomac Settlers

leigh young bundick (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2003 11:48PM GMT
Born and raised on Virginia's Eastern Shore....go to Ghotes site: http://esva.net/ghotes/
They have lots of maps on their site. It takes time to move them around but you get a definite feel for the different towns, etc. from this.

Good hunting.

Leigh
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions