Digiacomo's

Digiacomo's

Posted: 25 Oct 2013 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Digiacomo

Nicola Antonio Digiacomo Birth July 13, 1873 in Carovilli d' Castigilone Italy
Death July 30, 1952 in Krebs, Pittsburg, Oklahoma, USA Wife
Carmela "Cora" Fabrizio (Frabrizio) Birth April 9, 1873 in Italy
Death September 26, 1954 in Krebs, Pittsburg, Oklahoma, USA .
My great grandparents came to USA with their oldest son Stefano (Stephen) who was killed by lightening after he came home from WWI. They also brought their next son Giuseppe Domenic (who became Joe Jacimore) who worked in the coal mines of Oklahoma. He left home at a young age (16?) and did not keep in contact with his parents. And his parents continued to have children! I met aunt Rose Peters once but that was it. I think he had brothers Michael, and 2 or 3 others. My dad is the youngest and only met his grandma once. They would not talk about their past so no one knows anything from Italy since my grandpa was only 7 when he came over. Anyway, since our name got changed we are the only branch with an Americanized name. The rest should still be DiGiacomo. There are lots of cousins I would like to know something about. Would also like to know the name of my great great grandparents in Italy and find out about their Italy family that was left. The father may be Maurizodi Digiacomo and a ship manifest mentioned Nicola had been to see his brother Giovannica? It's a mystery and a wall for my research. I would love ANY info on Frabrizio or Digiacomo's. Thank you!

Re: Digiacomo's

Posted: 25 Oct 2013 4:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Feb 2014 7:52PM GMT
Found some info on my grandpa's brothers via his father's naturalization record.
Michael DiGiacomo was born 11-18-1904 in Krebs, OK and moved to Scranton, PA.
Domenic born 7-20-1918 ended up in Detroit.
His sister Rose (3-15-1909) married Mr. Peters in Krebs and stayed there, buried there.
Earnest was born in Krebs, OK 4-3-1907

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions