Search for content in message boards

Allamakee County, Iowa Marquardts

Allamakee County, Iowa Marquardts

Helen Lorenz (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2001 11:40PM GMT
My grandmother, Sophia Madeline Marquardt married Charles Hagemeier; her sister, Mary, married Otto Hagemeier; a third sister, Anna, married Will Marks. Searching for family information, date of arrival in U. S., point of origin, etc.

Re: Allamakee County, Iowa Marquardts

Posted: 31 Dec 2001 7:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Helen, My G.grandmother was Sophia D Marquardt she married Charles Henry Hagemeier on August 17 1882. She also had a sister named Anna and a sister named Mary. It must be the same one. ( Just wrong middle name. ) I think my G.grandmother was born in Lansing, Iowa. She and Charles both died in Albuquerque NM. He on Dec.12 1938 and she on March 18 1950. They had 10 children. My grandmother was Esther Anna, she married George Roy Tiley. I think she was the oldest girl. If there is a match let me know and I will try and help if I can

Posted: 25 Jan 2003 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: Hagemeier, Marquardt
Hi Helen, My name is James Hagemeier and I am the grandson of Charles and Sophia (Marquardt) Hagemeier. My father was Herbert Hagemeier, the 7th child of Charles. I have some info on Charles' father Adolph and his mother Louisa Bornemann who emigrated from Lippe, Germany in the mid 1800's. I also have a group photo of Charles' family and one of Adolph's family with his second wife Juliana Dee. You may contact me by E-mail for more info if interested. My E-mail address is 82vette@cox-internet.com.

Posted: 25 Feb 2003 6:36PM GMT
Helen....In my research of a collateral relation to my Goettel lineage, I have some information about the Luth family. Sophia Dorothea Markwardt is in my file as a daughter of Joseph Markwardt, born abt. 1819 in Baden [per 1860 census] Anna Luth, daughter of Christian Luth. Anna immigrated with her father, 4 siblings, her step mother and three half siblings on Oct 7 1850 Aboard the ship CHOCTAW, from Hamburg to New York. She was born in Tessin, Kreis Schwarzburg, Province of Mecklenburg, Prussia. the Luth family came first to Wisconsin where Anna must have married the widowed Joseph soon after arrival. Joseph had a son Frederick from the first marriage who is shown in 1860 to be born in Baden abt 1842. Joseph and Anna had a child in Wis abt 1851 and a child in Illinois abt 1853 before moving to Allamakee Co Iowa before 1855. Joseph apparently died after son Albert was born in 1866, as Anna then remarried John Henry Steiber before 1870. She had two more children and is buried with Steiber in the Thompson Corner cemetery in Lafayette twp, Allamakee Co.

Posted: 31 Mar 2003 12:51AM GMT
Hello out there!! I think I have a Luth connection. I have a Christ Luth marrying a Dora Durand/Durant. They were born in Germany. Dora died in 1881. There were several children, one being Peter Luth born in WI in 1854. I have it written that he was the son of Christ and Annie Luth. I don't know if Dora and Annie were one in the same or a second marriage because I also have information that states Peter had 4 brothers and 3 half sisters. The brothers were John of Hastings NE, Dan of Kendall, WI , William and George of LaCross.

Does any of this seem to fit? Peter Luth married Ellen/Nellie Burke and they lived in Lansing, IA I believe. Peter and his wife are buried in Wexford, IA.

Thanks,
Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions