Search for content in message boards

Matheny's of SW TN and NW AL

Matheny's of SW TN and NW AL

Anita Matheny (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 10:51PM GMT
My father just returned from a trip with info regarding Matheny's in the Waynesboro TN and the Lauderdale Co area of AL.....Does anyhave any info on this group of Matheny's?

Matheny Familys of TennesseeAlabama

Posted: 11 Jul 2000 7:02AM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2002 8:13PM GMT
Dear anita,
i read your letter about the matheny family about waynesboro and laderdale county al. my great great grandfather is john m. matheny. and his dad is Marcus F. matheny, and he was accidently killed in 1868, I wish to know if you are any relation to these people, i would graciously apprecate it i have information that goes back to 1600's, if you would like to e-mail me my address is rlm1953@iserv.net, thank you very much i hope to hear from you,
R.L. Matheny

Matheny's in Tennessee

Glenda Matheny Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2000 11:23PM GMT
Roy,
I am looking for a Matheny family in Tn. who had a son named Joseph Jerome. He left home at a very earl age and moved to Mississippi and married a Sara Jane Vice. He is my gggrandfather and we only have that he was from Tn in a census the first year he was married. He died shortly before is son Roland Jefferson Matheny was born and we have no idea of a father's name for him.
From family stories we are told that he had other brothers who fought in the Civil War.

Thanks,
Glenda M. Reynolds

John Matheny

Matheny in AL (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 10:47AM GMT
Roy,
I am looking for a John Matheny that married Virginia Dodds had two girls b. cica 1873 born in Birmingham. Family rumor has him being a doctor. Beyond that I have found no information. Do you see any relation? you can e-mail BMcLean@peoplepc.com if you like.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic