Search for content in message boards

William Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield

William Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield

Ray Caldwell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2002 7:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Sep 2002 9:54PM GMT
Surnames: HATFIELD
I need any names/information I can get on the PARENTS of "Devil Anse" Hatfield, the names of "Devil's" brothers and sisters, and the names of "Devil's" children. Please help! Also, how did "Devil Anse" come about?
Thanx!!

Re: William Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield

Marie Yates Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2002 9:30PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2003 10:04AM GMT
Surnames: HATFIELD, YATES, SMITH, GIBSON, CANTRELL, MCCOY
Hey Ray,

I saw your posting and have the site you need.

www.real-mccoys.com

I'm registered here (as I am descendant and do the genealogy thing). You will find all your answers at that official site. And it's too cool. You can subscribe, it's great.

But to answer . . . Anse is for Anderson (Hatfield) and the Devil part was because he was as mean as the devil. That's what the site says.

Let me hear from you if you locate your infos you seek. I always like feedback.

Friend Online,
Marie Yates Taylor
marietaylor@ezclick.net

d/o Landon Yates / Grace Marie Smith
gd/o Jim Yates / Lonna Belle Gibson (thru Cantrell)
ggd/o Amos Yates / (1) Martha McCoy (2) Roxie Yates

Posted: 21 Nov 2002 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2003 10:05AM GMT
HI
IM PART OF THE HATFIELD GGG GRANDFATHER WAS
WILLIAM ANDERSON HATFIELD , HAS ANYONE FOUND
ANYTHING ABOUT GEORGE GOFF HATFIELD OR
EPHRIAM HATFIELD. THANKS

GORDON SMITH

ISO "Devil" Anse Hatfield

Posted: 1 Dec 2002 3:40AM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2002 11:39AM GMT
Surnames: HATFIELD, BELT
Hi, I am looking for the information that links me to "Devil Anse" Hatfield. I know we are related but I connect it. I have my tree from my son up to Sherman Tecumseh Hatfield 1865-1942 who married Adda Jane (Jennie) Belt 1864-1954. They were married on Dec. 21, 1884. Please help this is very important to me. The information I have is around the Indiana area especially (Greene County).

tbuse@psci.net

Theresa M. Buse

Posted: 1 Dec 2002 3:41AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2003 10:05AM GMT
Surnames: HATFIELD, BELT
Hi, I am looking for the information that links me to "Devil Anse" Hatfield. I know we are related but I connect it. I have my tree from my son up to Sherman Tecumseh Hatfield 1865-1942 who married Adda Jane (Jennie) Belt 1864-1954. They were married on Dec. 21, 1884. Please help this is very important to me. The information I have is around the Indiana area especially (Greene County).

Re: ISO "Devil" Anse Hatfield

Marie Yates Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2002 4:56AM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2002 11:41AM GMT
Surnames: HATFIELD, McCOY, YATES
Try :

www.real-mccoys.com

There is Devil Anse info at the official McCoy / Hatfield site. You will like the history stuff they offer. And there are photos, and a newsletter you can subscribe too. This is Bo McCoy's and Ron McCoy's site.

Happy Searching from your fellow searcher.

Friend Online,
Marie

d/o Landon Yates (s/o Jim, Amos, John Jr, John Sr, George.)

Re: ISO "Devil" Anse Hatfield

Posted: 1 Dec 2002 7:52AM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2002 11:42AM GMT
My son Christopher is related to devil anse hatfield. We have the family tree now all the way from him and his cousins to 1500's. This website is so interesting. (www.real-mccoys.com). I have been on it for 5 straight hours now and didn't even realize it.

Alice Owens (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2002 4:19AM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2002 4:09PM GMT
My Mother is a Hatfield I can ask her if she knows the information you are looking for. My Grandfathers name was Ted Hatfield . We are direct decendents of Devil Anse.I will contact her and ask her if she knows his parents and so forth

Posted: 16 Feb 2003 12:55AM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2003 3:52AM GMT
Surnames: HATFIELD, SMIDT, ANDERSON, SMYTH/SMITH, STALCOP
EPHRIAM "Bif Eaf" HATFIELD (F/O Devil Anse), was the S/O Valentine Hatfield, who was S/O Ephriam Hatfield and his wife, Maria "Mary" Smidt. Maria/Mary was the D/O Ericus and Brigita (Anderson) Smyth (their children ran the course on spelling of Smith-SMYTH-SMIDT) and Ericus was the son of Hans Jurgen Smidt (from SWEDEN) and his "American" born wife (long before we became a country), Maria Stalcop. The STALCOP family had been in the present DE area from about mid 1650's. More about the STALCOP family, start at
< oldswedes.org> Wilmington DE area was a colony of SWEDEN and that too is where the STALCOP ancestors came from.

Marie YATES Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2003 1:37AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2003 10:06AM GMT
Your reply left me with a profound feeling. Imagine 1600s, jeez. And now I know.

I thank you for your trouble and hope you will not mind my forwarding your reply to a young man who has Devil Anse as his ancestor. He is an earnest searcher and has enlisted his mom to help.

Your response was a kindness and I applaud your interaction with us all who benefit by your sharing of knowledge.

Friend Online,
Marie YATES Taylor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions