Search for content in message boards

EMBRY

EMBRY

Ruth Goodman (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me the name of Lannie Embry's parents. I was told it was Ike Embry and Mary Catherine ? Lannie Embry married Lela Bryant. Their children were Grace Pearl , Freddy, Herbert, Claude, Helen Mae, Odell, and Talford. Do you know who Ike belongs to ? Thanks

EMBRY

Posted: 25 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
I couldn't keep from wondering how Mary Catherine married before she was born ? Don't feel bad I have done that over and over.

EMBRY

They should have a Lannie Embry. His children were Grace Pearl , Helen Mae, Odell and I can't remember the rest. I think Lannie had a sister Lela .

Embry

Mark Tevault (View posts)
Issac W "Ike" Embry b. 1871 married Mary Catherine Embry b. 1877,(daughter of Leonard Embry and Martha Jane Coy), on 8 March 1876 in Butler Co. I have record of the following children:

Eva b.1894 married Crit Embry

Sarah b. 1897

Daisy b. 1899

Rosie Belle b. 1902 married Chester Bryant

Roe Banion b. 1903 married Stella Phelps

Cletus b. 1912

Janie b. 1914 also married Chester Bryant

Lucille b. 1917 married Earl Hayse

I don't know who Issac's parents are, can anyone identify them??? Ike is buried in the Old Chapel Union Cemetery where Hayward Casey is the pastor. Catherine died in Louisville and is probably buried there.

Ike and Mary Embry

Edited: 27 Jun 2001 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: Embry, Bryant
I have several Isaac Embry's married to a Mary with no known middle name. I don't always have the children on each. Do you have any dates on these people? My 3rd great grandfather Isaac Jameson Embry, Jr. went by Ike so you are probably looking for one of the many Isaac Embry's.

Ike Embry

Posted: 26 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
It is possible that "Ike" is the son of Issac C Embry (b. 1838 d. 1878) and Louisiana Keith. Issac C Embry being the son of William T Embry and Martha Dockery. I show that this Issac was born in May of 1870 according to the census, so there is a discrepency in my records of eight months. If "Ike" was born in January of 1871, then he shouldn't be on the 1870 census. That is the closest match I have in my records. Maybe the birth date on his grave stone is wrong.

EMBRY

EUGENE EMBRY (View posts)
In the 1880 Buteler Census, a widow named LUSANA EMBRY, age 42, has in her household a 10-year-old son named Isaac Embry.
Maybe Lusana married an Ike and he was already dead by 1880.

EMBRY

Would you happen to know if Ike's father was Ike ? I was at the Embry reunion in Butler County today and this lady who was about 102 years of age said she thought his dad was Ike also.

Ike Embry

Sorry , that marriage date was for Mary Catherine's parents, Leonard Embry and Martha Coy. Mary and Ike's marriage date is 20 Dec 1892.
Posted: 26 Jul 2003 7:58AM GMT
Surnames: Proctor,Embry Webster Phelps Hayes Lankford Newby smith
Dear Ruth, did you ever find out who Ike W. Embrys father was? You are correct about lannies parents being Ike and Mary Catherine Embry,also i had the pleasure of meeting Talford in 1964 at my grand mother Gracie Lucille hayes house in Louisville Ky. He was a character With best regards James Edward Proctor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic