Search for content in message boards

Hales of Summit Co. Tracy

Hales of Summit Co. Tracy

Ramona Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2002 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hale,Tracy, Read
Would like to know if Stoten(Stoughton) hale,born 1810, was the son of Jonathan Hale. How was Stoten related to the William Hale family of Medina and Cuyahoga Co. OH.? His son Read was a witness on a deed for Benjamin and Jonathan Hale of N. Royalton.

Re: Hales of Summit Co. Tracy

Doris McDaniel (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2002 10:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hale
Can't answer your question but am interested in any information you might have of the Hales of Mogadore, Summit County,Ohio. James Austin Hale was born there March 9, 1909. It is my understanding that there are 2 streets in Mogadore named for him. There is a James Street and a Hale Street. His father was supposed to have helped develop the Hale Peach and they lived on a farm at Mogadore. any connection with this genealogy would be appreciated.

Posted: 3 Aug 2004 2:40AM GMT
Hello Ramona,
From what I've found, Stoton Hale (b. 1810) is the son of Stoten/Stoughton R. Hale. Stoton had an older sister, Charlotte (Hale) Shaw Doolittle, b. 1809. In one of the history books, it listed Charlotte's parents as Stoten Hale & Lydia Allen. From early census records, they were in NY - either in Ontario County or Genesee County. If you are looking for a connection between Stoton and Jonathan Hale (of the Hale Farm fame), I have found no connection between these two Hale Families in Bath, Ohio. It appears that Stoton's line came from NY, and Jonathan's line came direct to the Western Reserve from Connecticut (per history books).
I have only one William Hale in my tree. He is William Luther Hale, born 1860 in Ohio - son of Luther Hale & Harriet (Smith) Hale.

Ramona bennett (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2004 11:13PM GMT
Thank you for clarifying Stoten Hale. I am searching for parents of William Hale b before 1810, CT or Ma, resided Genesee Co NY , died circa 1842 Cuyahaoga Co. OH had sons William, Benjamin, and Jonathan. A deed to settle William Hales estate was witnessed by a son of Stoten Hale. Did Stoten Hale have a brother William? perhaps a cousin William. It may have been coincidence to have a Hale witness. William may also have had a son Peleg Hale from a first marriage who married Anna Tracy, and moved to Michigan.

Marianne Hale (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2004 1:48AM GMT
Hello Ramona,
I have not been able to find info on Stoughton R. Hale's parents or his siblings. I've searched both Genesee and Ontario County NY for his probate records, with no luck.
You might like to look at Robin Boyer's website. He has a bit of information on Stoughton's two wives and the children from both marriages.
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/o/y/Robin-L-Boy...
If you go to the index and scroll down, you can click on the Hale listing.
I have seen Peleg Hale while searching in the early 1800s census. I don't know how he fits into the picture, but I bet he's part of this clan also.
Sorry I couldn't help more.
Marianne

Posted: 8 Sep 2004 2:38PM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2005 4:26PM GMT
You don't know yet about Hale Farm and Village? Hmmm

http://www.wrhs.org/halefarm/default.asp

E-mail me privately at JRay38@neo.rr.com

There is a picture of Jonathan Hale and his wife in the website but I couldn't forward that to you.

Ramona Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2004 4:13PM GMT
Surnames: Hale, Bundy, Tracy
Thanks for your info on Hale farm. It is difficult to trace family members when so many have the same given name. My William Hale Sr. b CT or MA was probably married first in Berkshire Co MA before 1800, Peleg Hale is assumed to be his son by his first marriage, his second wife Anna Read was mother to William, Benjamin, Jonathan, and others, William Jr had two children left with his mother; Benj, remained single and moved to WI before 1850. Jonathan married Roxy Bundy and died exploring Pikes Peak. She later remarried to some unknown, possibly returned to MI. I am seeking parents of Wm Sr., and if any relationship to Stoten Hale.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions