Search for content in message boards

World Archives Project: California, Railroad Employment Records, 1862-1950 (Part 5)

World Archives Project: California, Railroad Employment Records, 1862-1950 (Part 5)

Posted: 11 May 2014 11:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have an Employee Record form that indicates two separate instances of work. Should I key both sets of dates as two separate lines, only the most recent or something else? Thanks for any help!

Re: World Archives Project: California, Railroad Employment Records, 1862-1950 (Part 5)

Posted: 12 May 2014 6:11AM GMT
Rebecca,
In the date instructions it states, "If there are multiple employment dates, key the first or top one." Key only one record with the first date given on the record.

Re: World Archives Project: California, Railroad Employment Records, 1862-1950 (Part 5)

Posted: 13 May 2014 9:35PM GMT
Ahh sorry about that Anna! I see it now. I must have been re-reading just the Employee Card instructions which is why I didn't find it. Thanks for the response. I'll watch more carefully the next time!

Posted: 13 May 2014 9:36PM GMT
No worries. I am glad you asked. I always hope, regardless of whether you have read the instructions or not, if you have a question that you ask it. :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic