Search for content in message boards

Humphrys from Wellow and Hassage

Humphrys from Wellow and Hassage

Posted: 26 May 2012 8:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any links to the Humphrys/ies families who worked in Hassage and many lived in Hemington, Somerset. Unable to locate burial records of St Julians in Wellow or Methodist Church in Hemington.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Janice Taylor

Re: Humphrys from Wellow and Hassage

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:21AM GMT
It will be easier to assist if you specify what record you are looking for and the person and date involved.

Posted: 27 May 2012 7:50AM GMT
Thanks for your reply.
I have Jesse Humphries born 1772 baptised at St Julian's Church Wellow who married Betty Thorn in 1800 at St Julian's church Wellow.

Jesse's parents may have been Jesse Humphries born 1740 and Ann ? born 1744 and married in Wellow 1760 (IGI).

I am unable to go back any further, not sure how or where to proceed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Janice Taylor

Posted: 27 May 2012 8:30AM GMT
I cannot see any of the events you mention on familysearch.Have you taken this data from submitted trees?If so,you will need to verify same before you add to your tree.There are a number of public trees here,contact with owners may assist.
Somerset OPC may be of help also.

Posted: 28 May 2012 12:51AM GMT
Thanks again
I have not taken this data from other trees. We have been involved in many years of research. The Humphries family appear to have spent a number of years working on the farm called Hassage and were involved in St Julian's Church at Wellow. Many have been buried in Hemington, Somerset.

Thanks for your help

Janice Taylor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions