Search for content in message boards

ESSIG

ESSIG

Martin Essick (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Andreas ESSIG left Switzerland for Wurttemburg Germany. A son or brother, Rudolph ESSIG and 2 sons (Georg Abraham and Hans Michael), Arrived in Philadelphia, Pa on 16 Sep 1736.
I have descendants to the present and will be glad to share info with anyone who can help with German or Swiss history.
Posted: 18 Mar 2003 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2003 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Essig
I am related to the Essig side from Germany, I believe from manheim Germany. George Sturges Essig was a great Uncle who became well known in the art field, especially water color seascapes of the eastern shore of Maryland and the Jersey shore as well. Middle 1800s. And also Dr. Norman S. Essig co-founder of the Temple School of Dentistry? Would always enjoy chatting with another Essig:) Thanks, Jim Essig

Re: ESSIG

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 4:38AM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2005 4:15AM GMT
James-

My great grandmother was Jane (or Jennie) Elizabeth Essig. She was born August 2, 1841 in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Her parents were, according to my grandmother, from Germany. She had a sister, Anna C, born August 16, 1824 and a brother John, birthdate unknown. She was married twice, first to Edwin Manfull and second to Henry Crouse Criley. She is buried in Prairie City, Iowa. I would like to find out more about her parents.

Posted: 15 Oct 2011 11:43PM GMT
I have a beautiful old nautical painting of fishermen catching fish in the ocean signed by norman s. Essig can anybody help identify this artist he is very good year 1948

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 11:12PM GMT
I have a beautiful fishing Vessel sea scape by Norman S Essig done in 1943 im trying to find out info on him

Any help would be awsome.
thanks Chuck T from New Jersey
856 283 1309

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Essig essick
Hello. I am a descendant of John Lockhart essick...my 4th great grandfather....and I believe he was a grandson of Rudolph essick that your post refers to. I would love to know more about Rudolph, and other relatives. Do you have a tree on ancestry and what sources do you have that refer to the immigration of Rudolph? Has anyone traced the family back into Europe and where does the reference to Switzerland come from? Thanx so much for any info you have to offer. I am lucky enough to have received a bundle of papers detailing the research of James Irwin essick...my mothers great great grandfather.....who did genealogy on the essicks in about 1915 or so. Have been able to track down the graves of Rudolph and his wife with that info...thanx Cheryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions