Search for content in message boards

Obits

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 5:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was hoping that someone out there could try and find the obit on the following people for me. Thanks for any help.

Henrietta Louisa Schneider (maiden name) Wadkins Birth 29 Oct 1874 in Ripon, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin Death 28 Jan 1962 in Weber Nursing Home, Napa, Napa, California. Her husband was a William Alford Wadkins. Her Obit should have been in the paper any time between the end of Jan and the first part of Feb 62.

The one daughter that I found living out there was Dorothea Louisa Wadkins (maiden name) Clayton Birth 24 Feb 1911 in Illinois Death 23 Oct 2006 in Vacaville, Solano, California, wife of Leonard Charles Clayton Birth 8 May 1910 in Illinois Death 27 Dec 1986 (somewhere) in Solano County, California. They had a house at 170 London Way, not too far from Imola, from at least 1956 on.

Dan

Re: Obits

Posted: 2 May 2012 3:03AM GMT
Napa Valley Register

­Dorothea Clayton

VACAVILLE - Dorothea Louisa Clayton, 95, of Napa, died peacefully on Monday afternoon, Oct. 23, 2006, at Paramount Park in Vacaville.

Dorothea was born in Zion, Ill., to the late William and Henrietta Schneider Wadkins. On Nov. 19, 1939, she married Leonard C. Clayton. Dorothea taught in Vallejo for a short period of time before the family moved to Napa in 1953, where she became the first kindergarten teacher of Mt. George School. When the Napa school districts unified, she taught at West Park and Shearer Elementary schools and retired in the early 1970s. Along with Leonard, she enjoyed being active with the Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 52, Division 5. She was also an active member of the First Presbyterian Church in Napa and its women’s groups. Dorothea was very giving; she enjoyed children and gardening and was an excellent cook.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Leonard, on Dec. 27, 1986, as well as her parents, her two sisters and her brother. Survivors include her daughters and sons-in-law, Leonda Del and John Hansel, Suzette Ann and Bill Price, all of Vacaville; five grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren and twin great-great-grandchildren. The memorial service will be on Saturday, Oct. 28, at 11 a.m. at Treadway & Wigger Funeral Chapel with Rev. Erwin E. Bollinger, pastor emeritus of the First Presbyterian Church, officiating. Contributions honoring Dorothea may be made to the First Presbyterian Church, 1333 Third St., Napa, CA 94559. Condolences to her family may be shared online by visiting www.treadwayandwiggerfuneralchapel.com.

Re: Obits

Posted: 2 May 2012 5:16PM GMT
This is great, thanks a lot. I am not sure how you found it as I did several Google searches but came up with nothing. Because of this I was able to find out who her daughters are and find one of them in the Napa High yearbook for 1958 and 59; just 8 years before me. Thanks again for your help and work.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions