Search for content in message boards

Looking for WAITE, RESSLER and SWALE

Looking for WAITE, RESSLER and SWALE

Tim Robeck (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 1:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WAITE, RESSLER, SWALE
Looking for any information on the families of Charles S. (C.S.) and Rebecca D. WAITE, Franklin (Frank) J. and Flora L. RESSLER, and Herbert S. and Lillian L. SWALE who lived in and around Fayette, Iowa around 1880.
Check my genealogy project on my web page at:
http://www.isl.net/~tgrobeck

Re: Looking for WAITE, RESSLER and SWALE

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 6:45PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2005 3:40AM GMT
On my paternal grandfather's side, Otto (Oscar) Lau had a sister, Ella Helene Lau, born March 12, 1871, married October 4, 1897 to a man with surname of Waite. We don't know his first name. Hope this if of some help. Ella was born in Fayette County, Iowa.

Laurel (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: Swale
I have Swale family near Fayette County on my tree. Isabella Swale was married to George Barker and they came to Iowa in 1857 and settled in Chickasaw county (adjoins Fayette). Her brother, James followed them over here after they settled and possibly another brother as well. In the 1860 census there is a William Swale,age 50-farmer that owned a lot of land. The other brother was possibly Thomas Swale, and his wife Elizabeth. On the 1860 census they have three kids. You can check out the 1860 census online. I also have information on the family from England.

Earle Tope (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2001 11:53PM GMT
Write to Sid Tope at 505 N Vine St. West Union,Iowa,52175-5545 [Fayette County]. He should have a lot of information on the Swale family. He is a friend of the family.

Posted: 27 Apr 2006 2:41AM GMT
I just recently found your message posted in 2001. My Grandparents were Herbert S. and Lillian L. Swale. Did you get the info you were interested in.

Tim Robeck (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2006 11:46PM GMT
Surnames: SWALE WAITE RESSLER RICHARDT HAND ADAMS MATTOCKS COOK
I have some more information that we gathered last summer. I would be interested in any information you are willing to share about your parents and aunts and uncles.

Donna Trumpold (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2006 12:31AM GMT
My parents were Albert C. and Lois E. Swale Cook. Mother was the youngest of the Swale children born to Herbert and Lillian. Charles and Rebecca Waite were my Gr. Grandparents. Dad died in 1959 at the age of 54, Mother died on April 26th, 2004 at the age of 89. Her Sisters and Brother were Hazel Elizabeth,Olive Lillian, Flora Pearl, and Charles Herbert. They are all deceased. I have a lot of Swale history if you are interested.

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 4:39AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2012 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Swale/Ressler/Morton/Eastman
Hello. This sounds crazy, but my grandmother, Marjorie Ressler Moore, was the biological daughter of Dorothy Swale. Dorothy was the daughter of Emma and Albert Swale. Dorothy Swale gave my grandma away, to be raised by two sisters who also lived in Fayette, and may be related to the Swales in some way. Their names were Dr. Sadie (Sarah) Morton and E. Alice Morton (Edith Morton). What I have learned recently is that when my grandma was around the age of three, the Resslers (Francis and Ivan), who were friends, and maybe relatives of the Morton sisters....and the Swales. The Resslers took my grandma at the age of three, and raised her from there.
If any of you have any additional information, please email or call me. 4029658845/threeboys4us@cox.net. My name is Marjorie Moore-Schaake. It is believed that my grandmas biological father was Alfred Eastman, also from Fayette. Thank You

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 3:02PM GMT
Sorry, I can't be of any help, but I have forwarded you comment on to other Swale cousins to see if they can be of any help....

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 10:31AM GMT
Hi. I know you replied to me and said that you didn't have any information, but actually, I've just learned that Olive Swale took in my grandmas mom (Dorothy Swale) while she was pregnant with my grandma (around 1920). After Dorothy gave birth to my grandma, it is believed that Olive may have raised her (my grandma) for a short time. My grandma was then taken in by two older sisters (originally from Fayette), Dr. Sadie Morton, and her younger sister, Edith Alice Morton. If any of this makes any kind of sense to you, please let me know :)
Thanks
Sincerely,
Margie Schaake
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions