Search for content in message boards

Walsh Family from Co. Cork Ireland

Walsh Family from Co. Cork Ireland

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walsh, O'Shaunessy, O'Donoghue, Lynch, O'Riordan, Fitzpatrick, Sullivan, Murphy
Looking for Walsh Family members that have background information on any of the Family Names Listed. Father to the group was David Walsh and Mother was Ellen Donovan married in Co. Cork Ireland sometime between 1840-1850's.
Children were...Michael, Daniel, James, John, Padric, Kate, Nora, Mary, and David. Some family went to Massachusetts, some went to Alaska. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

O'Donoghue

Catherine O'Donoghue (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'Donoghue

I am Catherine Lynne O'Donoghue born to Richard Herbert O'Donoghue Marrianne Walker brothers Richard Michael Michael Daniel and David Michael I am looking for missing links to family maybe we can help each other

John Walsh, Co. Cork

Cindy King (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Walsh, Jones
My great-great grandfather was John Walsh. His daughter, my great-grandmother, is listed in the family bible as being born in Cork. I think he was born about 1861, although when he came to the US, he settled in Hannibal, MO. His wife was Eileen or Bridget Jones from Clonmel, Ireland, but I think she died before the trip to the US. Her children came over and lived with her sister, Johanna Jones King, in Hannibal. I don't know if there is a connection, but you never know. Let me know!

Walsh Family from Co. Cork, Ireland

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Walsh, O'Shaunessy, O'Riordan, Fitzpatrick, Murphy, Sullivan, O'Donoghue, O'Reilly, Lynch, Coughlan, Donovan
Our grandfather was Michael Joseph Walsh, b. in Co. Cork, Ireland, 1882, Area called Ballinadee. He had a brother named John Walsh, but was married to Elizabeth O'Shaunessy, and not Eileen or Bridget.

There's a King in our family, though. Michael's daughter, Mary (b. about 1913-4?)married Maurice King and they had a son named Jim. He lives in Washington State.

That's all we know. Good Luck!

Re: Walsh Family from Co. Cork Ireland

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: Walsh, O'Riordan(Riordan)
Hi Kathy....My great grandfather was David Walsh married Catherine O'Connor(Connor). My grandfather was Patrick Walsh married Abbie O'Riordan(Riordan), she was from Ballydesmond, formally Kingwilliamstown, County Cork. They married in Lawrence, Mass., USA. Any info would be appreciated, especially on the Walsh side..Thank you, Kathleen

Posted: 6 Mar 2007 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: O'Callahan, McCann, McHugh
I believe my grandfather Michael was born in County Cork @ 1840-1850 married Hanna O'Callahan in Castleisland, Kerry @1884 immigrated to USA, Cambridge, Ma soon after. 8 Siblings -two born in Ireland and died before immigrating. My father Dennis J. first born in USA.
don walsh

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 1:53AM GMT
My Great Grandfather named Edward Welsh (name changed to Walsh when they came to the US) was born about 1857 on County Cork Ireland. He married Johanna Flaherty from County Kerry. As far as I know, all their kids were born in New York.

Don't know anything else about them yet.

I maintain a web page with my research information at:

http://www.goodchildfamily.com

Bill Goodchild

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions