Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Napoleon Bonapart Hooper

Descendants of Napoleon Bonapart Hooper

Posted: 26 Aug 2005 7:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2006 5:20AM GMT
Surnames: Hooper
Need to identify JN Hooper 15 TN (male) farm laborer listed in 1860 Shelby County, TX Census in home of N. B. Hooper.
Hooper, N. B. 25 TN farmer
M 22 TN (female)
Hooper J N TN (male) farm laborer
J W 3 TX (female)
J N 5/12 TX (female)

Any information helpful. Thank you.

Re: Descendants of Napoleon Bonapart Hooper

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: hooper hudspeth walker
N B Hooper known as "pole" hooper was my g. grandfather his son jesse jackson hooper & ada josephine byrd hooper was my grandparents my mother mavie ellen hooper hudspteth was their daughter. 5 generations of napoleons descendants are buried in old sardis cemetary in san augustine county ,a short distance from my home . i dont know the other hooper but there is a book on the rather large hooper family. There is also another family of hoopers in Timpson Tx. they dont clame kin ,i think its likely they were kin, to much considence, sorry couldnt help more .for more info email me. Nina Hudspeth Walker

Posted: 26 Jun 2008 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: Holloway
Hi,
Jesse Jackson Hooper and Ada Josephine Byrd Hooper were my grandmothers parents. Her name was Ruth Hopper and she married O.B. Holloway. Their son, Glen Holloway is my dad. That means that she was your aunt and your mom would have been my great aunt. That makes us second cousins I believe. would you happen to know anything about her after she became a Holloway. I don't know much about her or her parents. If you can share something, I would be most grateful!
Thanks,
Kristi Holloway Edwards
soldbykristi@bellsouth.net

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 6:05PM GMT
Surnames: Hooper Sanders
I can't really help with this, but I have never checked out my Hooper relations in Shelby county. My 3rd great Grandfather Richard Hooper, resided in Shelby county from about 1836 until his death in 1855. He was in the TX army as Capt. of Cavalry from San Augustine, and was Representative from Shelby County to the first TX Republic Congress. His daughter Mary Elizabeth Hooper married my 2nd Great Grandfather William Sanders. There is possibility, that Richard is buried in an unmarked grave in the Hooper/May Cemetery, but this is not confirmed. I would be interested in knowing if I have any Cousins out there, and if they know of his burial site?

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Hooper/Sanders
I am also, a descendant of Richard Hooper; he is my fourth GrGrandfather. We have definite confirmation of the burial place of Richard and Isabella Hooper. Please contact me at deannabaumgardner@me.com, so that I can send you information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic