Search for content in message boards

AGNES WILSON BORN ABT 1782 MARRIED TO AMOS LEWIS

AGNES WILSON BORN ABT 1782 MARRIED TO AMOS LEWIS

Posted: 19 Jul 2006 6:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILSON/ LEWIS
Trying to connect my Wilson and Lewis lines and am trying to find any information on
AGNES WILSON parents-anything born abt 1782 North Carolina died abt 1827 in Tennessee

hope to find her parents and that she is the Sister of RObert born 1789 NC
AMOS born abt 1780 in Virginia died aft 1847 Pope Co., Ark

Anything appreciated

Carol

Re: Robert WILSON, of Moore Co., NC

suberry (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2006 2:30PM GMT
Hello Carol,

I'd love to know more about that Robert you mention with possible sister, Agnes (Wilson) Lewis. Haven't been able to ID this Robert Wilson yet. Does the Robert Wilson you're studying have any Hutsons or Hudsons associated with him?

Thanks for posting,
Susan
Maringouin, LA

Susannah (Wilson) Hutson (born 1800, per census age in 1850), daughter of Robert Wilson of Moore County, North Carolina, married John HUTSON (parents: John, sr. & Mary "Polly" LANE), and lived in Randolph Co., NC, in 1829 when her father gifted her with a slave.

The 1850 US Fed census for Randolph Co. NC, Northern Division:
p. 219; Dwelling #815
John Hutsen, 43 *
Susannah Hutsen, 50**
William Hutsen, 21
Nancy Hutsen, 18
Emily Hutsen, 17
Robert Hutsen, 13
Jane Hutsen, 11
Alvira Hutsen, 8
Polly SKEEN, female, 40
NOTES: *Brother of Lane HUTSON; grandson of Richard HUTSON & Sarah ____, via Richard and Sarah's son John sr. who married Mary "Polly" LANE.

nearby:
p. 219; Dwelling #811
Phi E. Hudson, 23,wagonner, moved to TN
Martitia (REGAN, m. 22 Jan 1849), 21
Jane, 6/12 (Lucy J.?)
L. REASE, female, 23 *
NOTE: * Lucy Hariette REESE, grand-daughter of Elizabeth LANE m. William REESE. There may be a reason for her being in Phi E. HUTSON household, other than him being son of John Jr. HUTSON, and a cousin via Mary Polly LANE m John Sr. HUTSON.

Philip Edward HUTSON'S parents are not proved. We believe we've located him in 1880 in Decatur Co. TN and he may be the father of three known HUTSON/HUDSON brothers, born 1851 -1870, with families in Oklahoma (John Thomas), Louisiana (Robert Lee), and Tennessee (Charley), by 1900.

Re: Robert WILSON, of Moore Co., NC

carol wilson lopez (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2006 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: LEWIS/ WILSON
Thank you for your reply
I have never (yet of course) seen these names associated with "my" Robert

This RObert (my GGGG Grandfather) born 1789 in NC
Married Jane Latimer in Tenn. in 1812
Lived in Tenn. and then Arkansas and they both died in Pope County, Ark both buried in Oakland Cemetery there but the headstones were made of sandstone so have "fallen apart"
Best guess of dead is between 1860-1870

Had a number of children-my direct line is Witheral Anderson WIlson (name of Father of Jane was Wetheral (he spelled it that way) and the Anderson is maiden name of Mother of Jane

Trying to connect several lines, along with another researcher-there was a Sister of Robert (Jane) that married a Lewis (we can't find out the first name of this Lewis)
Then there is all the places/documents etc that we find the Lewis-Wilson-Scarlett families "together"
The other researcher is through Amos Lewis and Agnes Wilson so we thought if we could find the names of the parents of Agnes (that name (Agnes) was used in the family as was "Lewis" we might "solve this.
Just hoping that somewhere someone will read one of the postings and say "oh, yeah, that was GGGG something of someone"

Thanks
I will keep your email and see if I ever can connect them also

Thanks again
Carol
meanded.us@verizon.net
feel free to write me direct anytime you care to
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions