Search for content in message boards

Adam HILL, b. 1856. Cassilis, Northumberland, New Brunswick

Adam HILL, b. 1856. Cassilis, Northumberland, New Brunswick

Posted: 7 Mar 2011 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HILL
Is there anyone who has researched this line of HILL FAMILY?
Adam HILL b. 1856 Cassilis, Northumberland, N.B.?? I have been researching this line for several months now and have found "some" data and also sent some data from others searching this same line. I am wondering if there is anyone willing to send me by "GEDCOM" the first 2 generations, starting with Adam HILL?? I realize this request is very
unprofessional of me, but the reason for my request is: I have been researching for over 17 yrs. have compiled family trees of my own, shared much material with others over those years from many places and countries.I spent two years, searching every evening, for a niece's husband's ancestors and was able to compile three, 3 ring binders of material.
Now at age 78 and suffering from four arthritic diseases, I find my fingers affected greatly even as I type this message, very, very painful. I am addicted to genealogy and it keeps me going. I offered to research this Adam Hill family for a dear friend and would really like to compile
a few generations. If someone has this compiled and in a
database, it could be exported in a Gedcom file and I could
then import it to my Brother's Keeper database. I would
be MOST GRATEFUL AND HUMBLED, if anyone could help me with this request. I am continuing my search and have located
Adam's parents and now searching his place of birth etc.
God Bless and thank you.
Dorothy

Re: Adam HILL, b. 1856. Cassilis, Northumberland, New Brunswick

Posted: 7 Mar 2011 5:21AM GMT
There may be a fair amount I can do with this on a preliminary basis. That is relying largely on on-line material on the Internet. This could be supplemented by someone else who is willing to go to relevant microfilms and archival or published material. This would not be in gedcom, but simply a textual compilation in my own format.

For example, in a separate file I have the family:

43. ABIGAIL GOODFELLOW b. ca. 1824-5, d. Southesk Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 4JUL1895 age 70 years, m. THOMAS HILL (b. County Down, Ireland ca, 1818-24, d. Southesk Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 7NOV1894 age 76 years.)
Abigail and Thomas lived in Northesk Parish, Northumberland Co., NB in 1851, next to a family which is that of his brother, with just beyond this second family, that of Abigail's parents and siblings. The two, Hill families were:

Hill Thomas M Head 27 Irish Farmer 1840
Hill Abigail F Wife 27 Birth
Hill Elisa F Daughter 2 Birth
Hill Mary F Daughter 1/4 Birth

Hill Richard M Head 39 Irish Carpenter 1830
Hill Susan F Wife 26 Birth
Hill Thomas M Son 8 Birth
Hill George M Son 6 Birth
Hill Sanders M Son 4 Birth
Hill Emanda F Daughter 2 Birth

Children:
431. ELIZA JANE HILL b. 27DEC1849 (ca. 1849)
432. MARY HILL b. 16AUG1851 (1851; AUG1857 (?) in 1911), d. Northumberland Co., NB 8OCT1931 age 80 years, m. RODERICK McGREGOR (b. 1MAR1848)
433. JOHN GOODFELLOW HILL b. 21MAR1853, d. 22SEP1904, m. MARY ANN FLETCHER TWEEDIE (b. 29NOV1858, d. 7JUL1950), d/o Francis and Isabelle Tweedie
434. THOMAS CUPPAGE HILL b. 11FEB1854, d. 1OCT1914, m. MARTHA SUTHERLAND, d/o Robert and Martha (Lowrie) Sutherland
435. ADAM HILL b. 23DEC1856, d. 12JUN1937, m. ANN NICHOLSON DUNNETT (b. 1FEB1859, d. 8JAN1929), d/o David and Mary (Sutherland) Dunnett
436. JOSEPH HILL b. 29AUG1858, m. CHRISTINA McLEAN (b. ca. 1876), d/o Joseph and Elizabeth (Scott) McLean
437. MARGARET HILL b. ca. 1859-60
438. AGNES HILL b. ca. 1862-3, d. 1937, m. HIRAM BRAYNION

Abigail (Goodfellow) was the daughter of:

4. MARY WILLISTON b. Bay du Vin, Glenelg Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 7FEB1793 (ca. 1797), d. Northesk Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 1OCT1870 age 73 years, m. 7NOV1815 JOHN GOODFELLOW (b. NS (or NB) ca. 1786, d. Northesk Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 7MAY1863 age 77 years), s/o David and Janet (McCurrie) Goodfellow.

Mary (Williston) Goodfellow was the daughter of:

JOHN BAILEY WILLISTON b. possibly Springfield, MA 23AUG1757, d. Bay du Vin, Northumberland Co., NB 9JUL1833 (or 22JUL1834) age 77 (or 76) years, m. (as Bailey Williston) Bay du Vin, Northumberland Co., NB 13MAR1788 (by James Horton) PHOEBE STYMIEST (b. NY (probably. Hempstead, Long Island, NY) 28APR1770, d. Bay du Vin (Baie des Ventes), Glenelg Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 23DEC1845 age 75 years), d/o Benjamin Christoffel and Abigail Rachael (Fardon) Stymiest.

Or, at least, the above may provide a beginning for someone.

Thomas

Posted: 7 Mar 2011 10:55PM GMT
Thank you so very much Thomas, you are very kind to try and help me out. I will print this data off and then see if anyone else can add to it. If I just type a page a day, I
may be able to handle it. I certainly am not giving it up.!!
Again, many thanks.
Dotemorris

Posted: 7 Mar 2011 11:11PM GMT
Ok! It will take a day or three.

Thomas

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 1:21AM GMT
Hi:
I've tried twice to send you a ged file via this site but for some reason it won't go. If you send me your email address I will send it to you directly.

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 4:18AM GMT
Thank you soooo much kss 186,
My email address is: Dotemorris@rogers.com

I have never tried sending any data to this site, so I would not know the reason it would not go.

I will contact you again, when I receive your email
and let you know how I make out.
Dotemorris118

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 3:19AM GMT
kss186
Hello,
I received your email with Ged file and GRATEFULLY
APPRECIATE! I will contact you and let you know how
I made out with the transfer to my Brother's Keeper's database. Today was a very busy day, doing errand's with my daughter and attending our church Pancake supper, so I am
very tired tonight. I will certainly be working on this
tomorrow. This is going to save me so much typing. I just can't believe it. Many thanks again.

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 3:26AM GMT
Hello Thomas,
I received your email with the rtf file for HILL and I
greatly appreciate your kindness and generosity. It is very interesting to read about these early settlers, the history etc. I love this part of genealogy and hope my friend will
enjoy it as well, once I have put it all together. There is
a lot of research, time involved as I well know. When I lived in Ontario ( I was born and raised in Toronto) I used to spend
every Sat. all day, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., either at the Archives
or the Great North York library, staring at microfilm, microfiche etc. some days, trampling around in cemetaries
checking out tombstones. Oh how I wish I could still do those things, however, I am grateful that I can still search
and work on my computer. Many thanks again. Dorothy

Posted: 9 Apr 2011 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: HILL, DUNNETT
Apologies for lateness in letting you know that everything went very well and the GEGCOM DATA is now in my 2nd folder under HILL. Amazing and I am sooooo happy and grateful.I am hoping to get back into this work very soon. I was in Ont. for two weeks in March,visiting my other daughter who I had not seen in 6 years and her four children. Very emotional and lots of tears of joy. Also attended my oldest sister's 60th wedding Anniversary with her husband, again lots of tears of joy as I had not seen them in abut 9-10 yrs.!! We spent the weekend their. The 2nd Sat. I was going to lunch with a dear friend and fell just before we were going out. Shook me up quite a bit, but went anyway. Rather suffering since then. My arthritic problems cause me to be unsteady despite using a cane. Anyway, I digress. Back to Genealogy now, but slowly. by the way, do you have any pictures of the Hill family?? I surely would love to have
copies of any that relate to Adam Hill, his parents and his siblings. Many, many thanks again for your generousity.
May God Bless you and watch over you.
Kind Regards,
Dorothy~!

Posted: 9 Apr 2011 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: HILL, DUNNETT
Apologies for lateness in letting you know that everything went very well and the GEGCOM DATA is now in my 2nd folder under HILL. Amazing and I am sooooo happy and grateful.I am hoping to get back into this work very soon. I was in Ont. for two weeks in March,visiting my other daughter who I had not seen in 6 years and her four children. Very emotional and lots of tears of joy. Also attended my oldest sister's 60th wedding Anniversary with her husband, again lots of tears of joy as I had not seen them in abut 9-10 yrs.!! We spent the weekend their. The 2nd Sat. I was going to lunch with a dear friend and fell just before we were going out. Shook me up quite a bit, but went anyway. Rather suffering since then. My arthritic problems cause me to be unsteady despite using a cane. Anyway, I digress. Back to Genealogy now, but slowly. by the way, do you have any pictures of the Hill family?? I surely would love to have
copies of any that relate to Adam Hill, his parents and his siblings. Many, many thanks again for your generousity.
May God Bless you and watch over you.
Kind Regards,
Dorothy~!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions