Search for content in message boards

Ann Dewar Mailer..1800s

Ann Dewar Mailer..1800s

Jerri Linke (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ann Dewar Mailer, Ann Dewar Mailer Dunlop
Seeking information on one Ann Dewar Mailer from Kinross who married in 1878 one Peter Young Dunlop.....

Ann Mailer/Peter Dunlop

John Chalmers (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mailer, Dunlop
Hi Jerri,
From the LDS web site:
Anne Dewar MAILER
Sex: F
Event(s):
Birth: 13 Jun 1837
Kinross, Kinross, Scotland
Parents:
Father: William MAILER
Mother: Elisabeth HUNTER

Peter Young DUNLOP
Sex: M
Event(s):
Christening: 13 Jul 1839
Wigtown, Wigtown, Scotland
Parents:
Father: Robert DUNLOP
Mother: Agnes GIBSON

in 1881 they were living at Damhead, Dalrymple, Ayrshire. Peter Dunlop AGE 47, Birthplace Sorby Wigtown,
Occ labourer in woollen mill (This is probably his connection with Kinross)
Ann Dunlop AGE 39, Birthplace Kinross,
Occ Blanket Picker in Woollen Mill
Robert Dunlop AGE 8 Birthplace B S, United States
Occ Scholar
Isabella Dunlop AGE 3 Birthplace Ayr, Ayrshire

Hope that helps you on!

MAILER SURNAME

WILLIAM MAILER (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MAILER
MY FAMILY ORIGINATED IN AUCHTERARDER, SCOTLAND AND EMIGRATED TO THE USA IN 1871 WHEN MY GRANDFATHER WAS TWO YEARS OF AGE. I AM VERY INTERESTED IN ANY INFORMATION ON THE FAMILY SURNAME AND HAVE A GREAT AMOUNT OF MAILER SURNAME INFORMATION FROM AROUND THE WORLD TO SHARE.

SINCERELY, WILLIAM MAILER.
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Mailler, Russell
I am seeking information on one Margaret Mailler who married James Russell and had a son called David Russell born abt 1825 in Orwell Kinross. David married Mary Graham and was a Blacksmith in Orwell in 1891. I am now trying to trace the Mailler side of the family. Can anyone help?

Irene Wilson

MAILER Surname

WILLIAM MAILER (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Dear Irene: Thank you for the message. I gather from it that you are not looking for persons from Auchterarder. That is the area from which I have most information. If you have traced your family to that area, then I may be able to help you.

Nevertheless, I am most happy to check my family history for any of your family members.

The spelling of Mailer seems to be fairly precise within the last two or three hundred years. If you are spelling the surname Mailler, there may be a divergence or different family involved.

Please stay in touch with me. I would be most happy to help in any way I can.

Sincerely, William Mailer.

Mailer - Auchterarder

Christine Deeks (Faichney) (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mailer, Faichney, Thomson

My grandfather was born in Auchterarder, Alexander Mailer Faichney in 1856. His mother was born in Auchterarder in 1833 and her name was Margaret M. Mailer. Margaret married my ggrandfather Peter Faichney on June 5th 1855 in Auchterarder. My grandfather Alexander married Jane Thomson, place or date unknown. Any information on family names of Mailer, Faichney or Thomson would be appreciated.

MAILLER geneology

Robert Mailler (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MAILLER
Dear Irene

My great great great grandfather was a Sea Captain named Robert Mailler. He was born in Scotland on 28th Jan 1814, and he married Agnes Robertson Middleton. He emigrated to Australia and had a family. I have Agnes's death certificate, (she lived to be 102!) and her cause of death in 1923 is listed as exhaustion which seems fair enough.

Robert and Agnes had a daughter Margaret who died in 1911 aged 70 a spinster, so she is not the one you are looking for although it seems like a reasonable bet she is related given the practise of naming people for relatives. Maybe she was a niece or something. Margaret was born in Bannockburn Scotland, presumably in 1841.

I am interested to know as much as possible about the Scottish Mailler's.

It seems as though the name has a French origin because that is where the most Mailler's seem to be.

I very much look forward to hearing from you further so we can share more information!

Warm Regards
Rob Mailler
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 7:51AM GMT
Surnames: faichney, lawrence, walker, mcintosh, cunningham
I have a Mary faichney in my family tree. The family comes from Blackford and Auchterarder.

Does it fit in with yours?
Descendants of Robert Lawrence

1 Robert Lawrence
.. +Janet Eadie b: Abt. 1796
. 2 JOHN LAWRENCE b: 15 October 1815 in BLACKFORD
..... +MARY FAICHNEY b: 1 January 1825 in BLACKFORD m: 11 December 1842 in BLACKFORD PARISH
..... 3 MARGARET LAWRENCE b: 11 April 1858 in BLACKFORD d: Abt. 1907 in when daughter Jessie was 11 years old
......... +ROBERT WALKER b: Abt. 1860 d: Abt. 1933
..... 3 ROBERT LAWRENCE b: 25 October 1860 in BLACKFORD
..... 3 WILLIAM LAWRENCE b: 20 May 1863
..... 3 ELLEN LAWRENCE b: 1 January 1862
..... 3 ANN LAWRENCE b: 21 March 1844 in bLACKFORD
..... 3 CATHERINE LAWRENCE b: 26 May 1853 in BLACKFORD
..... 3 ELIZABETH LAWRENCE b: 6 July 1848 in BLACKFORD
..... 3 MARY LAWRENCE b: 22 October 1850 in BLACKFORd
..... 3 ELIZABETH LAWRENCE b: 17 November 1855
. 2 Andrew Lawrence b: 20 November 1825
. 2 Robert Lawrence b: 18 January 1818
. 2 George Lawrence b: 14 December 1821 in not sure about year forgot to write it down
. 2 Another Lawrence b: 2 June 1834 in must check this date(year) sometime

many thanks
Irene M cunningham

faichney family

christine (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: faichney, mailer, fenton

Hi Irene: So far in my search I have not come across a Mary Faichney. My gggrandfather was married to Margaret Fenton His date of birth was 1804, perhaps Mary could be related to him? He was born in Auchterarder. Thank you for your reply. Christine

Mailler

Kathy Mailler (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mailler
I too have been trying to trace our Maillers back to Scotland. Read information that states name was originally Maillard, but have found no records to subtantiate that claim. Have two differing stories that they came early 1700's from Scotland to the US, also found something that said they came here after 1783. Tracing back, I have in census records my husband's gr gr gr gr grandfather in 1800 census, his brother in a 1784 property deed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions