Search for content in message boards

Euphemia Hammonds

Euphemia Hammonds

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sullivan- Hammonds
I'm trying to find when my great-grandmother, Euphemia (Sullivan) Hammonds died in St. Louis. I was told 1930, but no other date. I cannot find her in MO DC's.She was in Wayne County in 1910, but
I can't find her in St. Louis any census. The online obit indexes are not for the year she died.
What Funeral Homes were in St. Louis in the 1930's

Re: Euphemia Hammonds

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 4:38AM GMT
Is this her?

Euphemia Sullivan Hammonds
Birth: May, 1861
Indiana, USA
Death: unknown
Missouri, USA

d/o James F and Emily(Elkins)Sullivan
w/o Jacob Albert Hammonds

Family links:
Parents:
James Turner Sullivan (1821 - 1887)
Emily Jane Elkins Sullivan (1838 - 1919)

Spouse:
Jacob Albert Hammonds (1852 - 1913)*

Children:
William Arthur Hammonds (1879 - 1938)*
Ida Ruth Hammonds Tabor (1879 - 1935)*
Sylvia Jeanette Hammonds Poll (1899 - 1961)*
Herbert R. Hammonds (1901 - 1957)*

*Calculated relationship

Burial:
Mill Spring Cemetery
Mill Spring
Wayne County
Missouri, USA

If you haven't already, see if you can find caretaker of cemetery to find out when she was buried. They should have record of burial.

Do you have her in 1920, etc.?

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 3:39PM GMT
Yes,that is the correct person. I made the memorial on findagrave,thinking she was buried beside her husband, but since then have found out she moved to St. Louis and supposedly died there. I'm trying to find the correct info so can put her in right cemetery.
I have talked to the woman who is the Gen. Soc. in Mill Spring and she said the cemetery was in bad shape and she couldn't tell me if Euphemia was there or not.
I thought if I can find the funeral homes in St. Louis 1930's i could call the ones still in business or ask the STLGN/Library for any records they have.

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 3:51PM GMT
I haven't been able to find a trace of her after her husband died. I know two daughters and two sons lived in St. Louis but can't find but one, Aunt Jeanette in any census in St. Louis area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic