Beaufort,
Carteret County
NC

Pivers Island

Tom Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Re: Pivers Island,Carteret County.
I think the origin of the above is God although there are those that feel the other guy had a hand in it. Merry Christmas.

Piver Island

Posted: 22 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2001 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: Piver, Ward, Bushall, Johnson, Pasquonette
Piver Island was formed from what was Towns End,Beaufort,Carteret County,NC by a dredging operation that seperated it fron the city and mainland.Is now the site of the Duke University Marine Lab.

Piver,Pasquonette

Posted: 23 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2001 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: Piver Pasqounete, Bushall, Ward Shakleford
Hello John,answering your query on the Carteret County Query Forum,My line is John Boushell Richards>Bertha Ward Asquith>Annie Piver>Jesse Piver >Peter Piver ,Sr.
My information shows that Jesse Piver m. Elizabeth Pasquonette June 19,1817 in Carteret County.his parents were Peter Piver,Sr and Lydia ??.I have found this information thru Census and World Family Tree CDs,also a researcher in Raleigh,NC found a book "The Heritage of
Carteret County in the Raleigh Public Library ,Vol 1 & Vol 2
contain many Piver family groups. I haven't figured out all the connections yet .I don't have any information on Elizabeth Pasquonette as yet but my reseacher is working on that line.I,hope this helps and I will send you what I have and hope you will also. my email address is montgtel@aol.con,your email address comes back as not known.Mailing address is Mike Richards,11951 Marmary Road,Gaithersburg,MD 20878-1839
Until Later Cousin,
Mike Richards

Piver's Island

John Dixon (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Piver, Pacquinet
Piver's Island, Carteret County, N.C.
The first work done to create Piver's Island was done by one Jesse Piver. He bought the property (such as it was) from the State and proceded to improve it. He was married to Emily Pacquinete. I have never been able to determine who Emily's parents were. could you possibly help? Jesse and Emily were my great-great-grandparents.

Pacquinette

Tonya Salter (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: PACQUINETTE
So happy to see someone else searching this name. I have seen it spelled so many ways. My ggg grandmother was Louisa Mae Pacquinette from Wilkinson Co.,MS. There were 2 men in Wilkinson Co that married abt 1825, William and John (I believe this was his name). I can't find any info on the second but believe him to be my Louisa Mae's father. William stayed in MS. Was wondering if either of these names rang a bell. I have been searching forever it seems like, and hopefully am about to discover something. Thanks for any help

Re: Piver's Island,Beaufort,NC

carrol piver (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 5:45PM GMT
i am the wife of edward piver and i was looking as we all do to learn about family.
i caught this request about information you need about piver
island. well as it is my father in law louis piver is from nc
he used to tell me stories about a island that was named after his family. my father in law is getting up there in age. why don't you email myself and possibly i could direct you to getting the information you need.

Re: Piver's Island

carroll (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 5:55PM GMT
hi
i don't know if this could help but i was on the net and found
a site webroots.com
i found so many names having to don with piver
birth records, death,ssi,and on and on
i have been trying to find the family of louis elwood piver
my husband dosen't speak to his dad much any more and now getting names and dates is almost impossible
even on this site webroots.com i could not find his birth records. he was born in nc he says , march 2,1926 . i found
his exwife who died in the 1980's grace. she was japaneese
louis has a son that was born in japan but raised since 1960's
in san francisco so that is why there is no us birth record for
his son

Re: Pacquinette

carrol (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 5:58PM GMT
if you have not checked yet go to webroots.com

Re: Piver's Island,Beaufort,NC

Julie Myers/Piver (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2003 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: pivers Island beaufort nc
Hi
My dad was Louis elwood pivers cousin I knew aunt grace and uncle Louie that is what we called them I also met Eddie when I was younger I to am looking for our family tree too looking to find out all the nitty gritty hope I can help you and you can help me
Julie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic