Search for content in message boards

The Bevan in south OHIO

The Bevan in south OHIO

Jim Bevan KANSAS (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 10:33AM GMT
I have recently seen a land and property listing in the very south of Ohio where A William ,and a Roland, and a John Bevan all had land bordering on each others property at the same time period ,This gives us a new direction to look.For all the Bevan clan members who are saying who is this?, I am James B'evan of Valley Falls, Kansas,and a great great grandson of John Bevan who lived at Bartramville, Ohio (Procterville). I am trying to get a exact whereabouts of those three previous to Procterville area. I hope I helped just I person find some info along the way..JIM

John Bevan b.abt. 1840 - Ohio (wife Hannah)

Janet Bevan Brown (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 5:43AM GMT
Hi. Just received Pension Records on John Bevan, wife Hannah Pryce (Price) on Ohio. They were married March 26, 1867 in Cincinnati Ohio. Lived in the Menden, Mercer County area of Ohio. I cannot locate any birthdate in all of the information that was sent, but I would gather that since neither one of them was married before, that they must have been born in the 1840's. They had three daughters, Marguerite R. Bevan, born March 28, 1868; Elizabeth A. Bevan, born October 25, 1869, Leah E. Bevan, Born June 6, 1874. No deceased children are listed. Could your John Bevan be this John? I was hoping that this John Bevan was my gg-grandfather, but the dates do not fit for me. Maybe it is a brother to my g-grandfather - I just don't know at this point. It seems as if there are a lot of "dead ends" with this name in the Ohio area. Maybe this info will help someone!

Old John

Jim Bevan (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 6:43AM GMT
Thank You for the info,However My John was born 1830, His 1st wife was Priscila, 2nd was Fannie Turner. One thing to remember is that mistakes were made all the time with dates and spelling. So try to make this one work if at all possible. If it will not then maybe it is a brother or son.. Thanks JIM

Bevan in South Ohio

Posted: 11 Jan 2001 11:08AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 2:22PM GMT
Does your list of names include a Hester Ann
Bevan? She married Zaccheus E. Wells from
Monroe County OH. Lived in Bartrumville at
one time. You may e-mail me at grantmarilyn@
netscape.net. Thank you.

Re: Old John

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 3:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a John Bevan born in Ohio. He was the brother of a James. Son of Lewis and Euphimia Wickersham Bevan.

Connection?

Re: The Bevan in south OHIO

Posted: 12 Nov 2009 1:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
I assume all these 10 years later (from your 2000 post) that you have discovered that Rowland D. Bevan and his wife and children emigrated to Bartramville, Ohio from Monroe County, Ohio.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions