Search for content in message boards

Jonathon Cofer of Tenn or Any Roane Co, Tenn Cofers

Jonathon Cofer of Tenn or Any Roane Co, Tenn Cofers

Sarah Cofer (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2001 3:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for info on Jonathon Cofer of Tenn..born 1806. Or any info on that line of Cofers.

Re: Jonathon Cofer of Tenn or Any Roane Co, Tenn Cofers

Posted: 28 Sep 2001 2:05PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 23 Oct 2001 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: Cofer, Coffer, Copher
Jonathon is one of my grandfathers. Unfortunately there is some debate on his parentage. You can find descending infomatin on him from www.roanetnherigage.com. You can also access this through www.tngenweb.org. in the county section.
I hope this helps. Are you related to the Rockwood set of Cofers or the Clymersville set?
Kathy

Sarah Cofer (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Cofer, Willis, Crow
Thanks for the links! My husband is decended through the Jonathan Cofer line through Zachariah (m.Eliza Jane Crow) through Zacharia (m. ??) through Richard Clay Cofer. I don't know which line as I am just starting on this line. Any help would be appreciated!

Sarah

Posted: 28 Sep 2001 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2001 1:03PM GMT
Please feel free to use my email address: stillwater@alltel.net
K.

Posted: 10 May 2002 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: Cofer, Smith, Morrow, Parsons
my grandfather was from Roane co. Tenn.. His name was Marion Martin or M.M. or he liked to be called Med Cofer Born 12/14/1889, Married a Maude Stephens @ Rockwood, Tenn. in the 1920's, Moved to Barberton, Ohio in 1923, Died there 1/12/1941. His Daughter, my mother Margie L. Cofer. My name is Mel Grand, I have very little on the Cofer clan any help I'm willing to give, maybe in return, you can help me. Mel

Mel Grand (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Cofer/ Martin/ Willis/ Smith/ Cooley/ Taylor/ Brockman
I, too am a decendant of this Cofer lineage. My forth G-Grandfather James Cofer was a brother to your Jonathon. Their father was Thomas Cofer B abt 1773 VA, his father being James Cofer B. 1740 Va. & the patrioch of the family old Thomas "T" Cofer who died 1791 & left will, Culpepper CO., Va.

Mel Grand (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 6:49PM GMT
My mother was Margie Lee Cofer B. 1928, Barberton, OHio. Any Cofer family member feel free to email me at mgra103@aol.com thanks Mel Grand

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 9:53PM GMT
Mel

I've been trying to return your phone call of several weeks ago, but have never reached you or a voicemail. Please feel free to call me again. I'd be glad to talk with you.

Carol Berry Redd (gr. gr. granddaughter of Martha Washington (Cofer) Harvey b 9/23/1842 - d 02/07/1899 Roane Co, TN)

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 7:51PM GMT
Surnames: Cofers of TN.
My # is 330 571 6031
per page

Find a board about a specific topic