Search for content in message boards

Ernest George Meikle

Ernest George Meikle

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 3:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a decendant of Ernest George Meikle (1876-1945) and Florence Miriam Holtham (1879-1958), who married on Janurary 30, 1900 at the Retreat Parish Church, Jamaica, BWI; and emigrated to the City of New York, USA in the year 1920. I want to disover what brought Ernest to Jamaica and from where? I was told that Ernest's parents (names unknown at ths point) came from English or Scottish decent and emigrated to British West Indies and were owners of a banana plantation.

Re: Ernest George Meikle

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 2:27AM GMT
Hi Andrea - we must be cousins - my Great Grandparents were Ernest & Florence... I emailed you with more info... email me back if you didn't get it!!

Tim Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2004 12:46AM GMT
Hoping that you may possibly have some information that could help me.My g-grand fathers name is Ferdinand Anderson. He was born November 18th,1903 in Robin's Bay, Jamaica, West Indies. His mother's name is Jane Meikle Anderson,who was married to Alexander Anderson. I do not no any more information on my g-g-grand mother. Does any of this sound familiar. Thanks

Andrea Meikle Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2004 3:51PM GMT
No, I have not encountered anyone by the name of Jane Meikle Anderson in my serach for information on my "Meikle" side.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions