Search for content in message boards

REDDING, MURRIE

REDDING, MURRIE

Gary Himes (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REDDING, MURRIE, Lee, Carson, Simmons, Bander, Grace
I am seeking info on the Parents or Siblings of THOMAS REDDING b: ABT 1802 d: ABT 1837 in Henry Co. TN

He married Telia? Murrie b: ABT 1802 d: Bef. 1845
Children:
1) Arbelia REDDING b: ABT 1822
2) Mary Ann REDDING b: ABT 1827 in TN; m. Columbus Lee
3) Sarah Jane REDDING b: Jan. 10, 1828 in Henry Co. TN d: Aug. 7, 1898; m. Irvin Enloe Carson
4) Tabitha REDDING b: Bef. 1830; m. Bartlett Simmons
5) Deborah REDDING b: ABT 1832; m. William F. Elander
6) Thomas REDDING b: Jan. 15, 1830 in Henry Co. TN d: Dec. 28, 1915 in Topeka, KS m. Nancy J. Grace

Posted: 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: REDDING, REDDIN, REDDEN
The name revealed to me in the census of Henry County is spelled without fail as Redden. Literacy changed this throughout the years I'm sure. I find that Debby (Deborah) is living with her sister Mary Ann Lee in the 1850 census.

Also, several houses away is Milly Redden age 50 b. NC with her children, James 21 TN; Mary 17 Tn; and Angeline 10 Tn.
This I assume is their mother.

In the 1840 Census of Henry county reveals their father, James Redden.
Posted: 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: REDDING, REDDIN, REDDEN
The name revealed to me in the census of Henry County is spelled without fail as Redden. Literacy changed this throughout the years I'm sure. I find that Debby (Deborah) is living with her sister Mary Ann Lee in the 1850 census.

Also, several houses away is Milly Redden age 50 b. NC with her children, James 21 TN; Mary 17 Tn; and Angeline 10 Tn.
This I assume is their mother.

Murrie Redding

Ed Murrie (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Murrie, Redden, Carson, Holliday
Henry County Reddens (Redding)

James and Milly Redden had a grown son not shown in the census of 1850. His name was Charles Smith Redden. The widow Milly Redden and her children (including Charles Smith Redden and his family) moved to Massac County, IL. after 1850. Charles Smith Redden and several of his children are buried in Vienna Fraternal Cemetery in Johnson County, IL. Three Redden women are buried in Murrie Cemetery in Johnson County. Their first names are not known.

Hope this helps.

REDDIN/REDDING, BAUCUM

Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2001 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: BAUCUM, LEE
Do you know where the REDDING/REDDIN's came from in N.C. I'm curious because my James BAUCUM Jr. named his 1st born son Redding who was born about 1810/1820. OUr BAUCUM's were from Anson Co. and Wake Co., N.C.

Reddin/Redding

Posted: 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reddin, Redding
No, I don't have that particular family line. I only do lookups for people such as yourself. Look into the library website to see if there are others researching your family line at www.angelfire.com/tn2/woinman

Re: Murrie Redding

Posted: 10 Jan 2003 10:31PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2003 8:38PM GMT
Saw your posting and wondered if you knew of a Jackson woman (Cordelia, I think) married to a Murrie and who had a sister named Essie who married a Ridenhower and then a Carter. The Murrie male may have had a sister married to a William Carter. We are looking for parentage of Essie and Cordelia, Thanks for any help

Re: Murrie Redding

Ed Murrie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2003 9:52PM GMT
Cordilia Jackson married Joseph Walter Murrie on December 24, 1902 at her parents' home in Johnson County, IL. Her father was listed as R.N. Jackson and her mother was M.J. Simmons. Hope this helps.

Re: Murrie Redding Warmack

Posted: 8 Sep 2005 6:51PM GMT
Surnames: Warmack, Bundy, Lanouette, Ellington, Lewis, Perry, Baker
the Redding lady that I know of was Margaret b. 1800 d. 1840 buried in Murrie Cem, Johnson, Il who was married to Thomas Murrie b. 1791 and died 23 Spt 1865 Johnson, IL
They also had a son b. 1820 NC who is buried in Murrie Cem Johnson, IL

Could some one tell me what Warmack connection that William Henry Murrie's wife, Margaret Elizabeth Warmack had who was from in Johnson, IL?? She and William Herny Murrie are both buried in Sikeston, Missouri..

Their names of their children were:
DeSoto, Barbara E., Wesley a., Anna Kitty, Infant, Infant, John William, and Guy E. Murrie

Rhonda Warmack Houston
(rfhouston@mindspring.com)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic