Search for content in message boards

THOMAS JONES from WALES

THOMAS JONES from WALES

Nancy L. Jones (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2002 6:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JONES, MORRIS, STAPP,HANSFORD,HOLLIDAY, HAYNES
Thomas Jones came from Wales. Birthday unknown, but probably between 1710-1737. Came to US; had a son named JOHN JONES born Jan-Feb, 1755-56 in Culpeper Co., VA.
John married FRANCES MORRIS in Kanawha Co., VA.
Children of John & Frances (Morris) Jones: GABRIEL; WILLIAM; NANCY; THOMAS, LEVI, EDMUND, JOHN Jr.,HILLERY, FRANCES, BENJAMIN and CYNTHIA JONES.
*Need more information on THOMAS JONES from WALES.

Re: THOMAS JONES from WALES

Milford Jones (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 8:47PM GMT

I'm trying to trace my "Elder" James Jones who was born 1779 in Albemarle co. Va. I belive his father was also named James Jones. I wondered if he decended from Thomas Jones from Wales. He married Matlaid Watson in about 1775 from Albemarle co. They had three sons, Henry, James Jr. and Bennett.

Nancy Jones (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2002 10:36AM GMT
Surnames: JONES, MORRIS, STAPP,HANSFORD,HOLLIDAY, HAYNES
I can't know if James was perhaps a brother or cousin, etc. to John because I have "nothing" on John Jones siblings. I wish I did. I'm talking about the John who married Frances Morris in Culpeper Co., Va. If you ever do find out if they were brothers, etc. would you let me know. That would be something at least.
Thanks for your reply, anyway!
Nancy

Nancy L. Jones (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2002 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: JONES, MORRIS, SHELTON, HUDDLESTON, YATES, JARRETT, HANSFORD, WHITE, HAYNES, COFFEE, THOMAS,MUSTARD, FUNK, HOLLIDAY,JENKINS
I wish very much that I could help you with your JAMES JONES information that you want. I know only too well just how frustrating it can be to get NOWHERE fast! But I only know that a man named THOMAS JONES came from WALES to America. I don't even know how, or when, or who he was with, or who he married, etc. I only know that he had a son named JOHN JONES who some say was born January 28, 1755 in Culpeper Co. Virginia, and another record says he was born February 2, 1756 in Culpeper Co., but was living in Kanawha County, Virginia; was married to FRANCES MORRIS on November 17, 1775 VA and had GABRIEL,1776
WILLIAM, 1778, NANCY, 1789, THOMAS, 1782, LEVI, 1787, EDMUND, aPRIL 2, 1789, JOHN, ABT 1790, HILLERY, ABT 1792, FRANCES, ABT 1794, BENJAMIN, ABT 1796, AND CYNTHIA, ABT 1800 all from Greenbrier Co and Kanawha Co., Virginia. I have much information from HILLERY, ETC.
but nothing above and beyond JOHN and FRANCES MORRIS JONES. Wish I could help you.
Nancy

kathleen Jones thayer (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 12:21PM GMT
hi, my grandfather was james albert jones,b.marion co.ms. My fathers1919 birth certificate shows james at 47 when my father was born,11th child of 13-15.That puts james 1872. James wife was Rena Lott,b.mariion co. ms. When I was born there was no james,last I saw her she lived in Houston,Texas One story was he went to jail and escaped and changed his name. Or James was not a real Jones at all, he changed it to jones from Potee to blend in and escape the law. Kathleen thayer Thayoakl@aol.com

Sarah (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2003 4:43AM GMT
I was wondering if any of the kids to your John Jones had a son named Thomas J. Jones born February 20, 1806 in va and married a Phillipina/Phebe Roller born 1814 in va. I know my family came from Wales. We have traced them to virginia but haven't found out their names after Thomas Jones. I know that 3 brothers traveled together from Wales to America and one settled in va, and the others im not sure where they settled.

Sarah

Posted: 4 Feb 2007 10:53PM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Hansford, Basham,
Nancy

I see by your surname list that you have many of the Morris family members. WHich do you descend from? I come from the Morris-Hansford line. I would be interested in swapping information or sources. I have a fair amount on some of the JOnes but only a splattering on Hillary JOnes. I see that you must have traced America Jones, dau of Edmund out to the midwest.
Jackie

Posted: 20 Feb 2007 6:44AM GMT
Surnames: sizemore/moore/jones/morris
hi tom can you help me iam looking for mary hansford 12 dec 1791 married hillery jones her father& mother thanks jo johnstone

Posted: 19 Apr 2007 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: JONES MORRIS HANSFORD
Jane Morris Hansford is a sister of my 4-great grandmother Franky Morris Jones. I would love to hear from you directly. I love to figure out far distant cousins......have found a dozen or more by email......have a chart to keep my aging brain straight.

There's a cute story about America I'd love to share.

Phyllis Harris DePoy.......aka....phd
Manassas VA
memawphd@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions