Search for content in message boards

Randolph History

Randolph History

V Prewett (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Randolph
I am interested in the family of Tom and Katherine Randolph. I am interested in information on their parents, siblings, who they married. I have information on their children, grandchildren, etc. Please reply.

Randolph

Gail (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Interested in any information on any Randolph or Norris from Shannon Co. Thanks,

Re: Randolph History

Bobbie (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 5:21AM GMT
Surnames: Randolph, Mooney, Weaver, Reed, Sutton, Warren, Huffman,
All right guess I am going to have to give this all to you ,
Thomas Dockery Randolph married Katherine Guitrudie Weaver. Thomas was always called Tom, his parents were George Washington Randolph and Harriett Mooney Randolph, They had several Children, Tom being the youngest or close to the youngest.
Virginia, come to the house, I have all the family history pulled out and you can go through it to your hearts desire. Or at least the family history I have managed to dig up after all of Mom's work disapeared.

Posted: 4 Jun 2007 10:24PM GMT
I'm the granddaughter of Hattie Huffman who was Uncle Tom's sister. I'll help any way I can. I have some info, but just email me, I don't know if I'll ever find this place again! CodyPuzzle@aol.com

Posted: 7 Jun 2007 11:16PM GMT
Tom and Katherine were my great uncle and aunt. They were both great. Gerald, their son, last I knew still lived in "Pine Holler" - or Delaware area, just outside Eminence. I have very fond memories of summers down there. Email me at CodyPuzzle@aol.com and I'll try to get more info for you.

Posted: 8 Nov 2007 1:37AM GMT
Hey,
I am looking for the parents of Hiram B Randolph. born in Va. 1817.

Do you know where were Tom and Katherine born?

- Joe

Posted: 9 Nov 2007 11:49PM GMT
Tom and Katherine were both born in Missouri, I would have to look that up,
Papa "Tom" was born on Blairs Creek Near Eminence.
I can not at this time find granny "Katherine" obit to see just where she was born, but I do believe it was in Oregon County or Shannon county, her grandfather was Judge Hezekiah Weaver, I do not have much history on the Weavers at this time, Most my books are packed away.
Hiram B Randolph is believed to be a brother to Burton Randolph, It is believed that Their father was Alford Randolph, or Absolem, or Poca Randolph.
The children of who ever the father was are believed to be as followed.
Hiram 1817, Buriton 1818, Isabella, Martha, Jackson, Polk Randolph.
Hope this helps you.
Bobbie

Posted: 10 Nov 2007 4:44AM GMT
Your close. There are actually two different Hirams born about the same time. The only differece is that my Hiram was born in virginia and the other Hiram you are refering to was born in Kentucky. Hiram B. Randolph's father was born in New Jersey and his mother was born in Maryland. I am really stumped on this one. Someone suggested to me maybe his parents were Fitz-Randolphs. I don't know! Thanks for the reply though! Do you have any other Ideas?

- Joe

Posted: 11 Nov 2007 12:24AM GMT
Their are Fitz-Randolph's that come from that area, But I have no idea, But are they still using the Fitz-Randolph's or have they dropped the Fitz.
I have some information on them but at this time I have no idea where it all is, I have been packing and moving and can not find most of my information (packed it up I guess).
I did find out that when Papa Tom and Granny Katherine got married she was living in New Liberty, Oregon County, Mo.
Papa was living in Winona, Mo.
I am baffled that I can not find Granny's obit, I know I have it, I have tried to keep all those things together but I have not done a very good job of it.
Sorry I could not help anymore.
Bobbie

Posted: 11 Nov 2007 12:59AM GMT
Bobbie,

Thanks again for the reply!

The Fitz has been dropped off of my name.

I found two people that lived in Ohio in 1850 that fit the born places, New Jersey and Maryland, and were born about the time to have a child. The census hand writing is so bad I cant really make out the mans name. I think its Edward or Edmund. The womans name is clear (Susan). I can't find any record of them after or before. I know that hiram had a few childeren in Ohio, but I don't know where. I also know that he fought in the civil war in the 33rd Ohio Inf.

According to census info he was in Indiana in 1850, in Kentucky in 1860 and Back in Indiana again in 1870 until he died. Somtime between 1860 and 1870 he went to Ohio to fight in the civil war in 1861. He was discharched in 1863.
This is all I know about this man. It's a real puzzler! The Ohio people I found in the above paragraph is promising, but I have no way of verifying it.

If you would have any Idea's let me know!

Thanks again!

- Joe Randolph
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions