Search for content in message boards

Bohemian Ancestors

Bohemian Ancestors

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Misicka, Hantak, Korinek, Macheak
My great, great grandfather James Misicka believed to have come from Bohemia possible 1880's. His wife, Anna Korinek. Their children (all were born in Chicago area), James Frank, Harry, Barbara, Frank. Barbara married a Dvorak. James Frank Misicka, my great grandfather, married Emily M. Hantak. Emily had brother, Henry Hantak and sister, Mae. Mae Hantak married a Macheak. James Frank had twin sons (one died at birth), living child was my grandfather Edward James Misicka. All lived in Berwyn, IL. Can't find any info except name on James Misicka and Anna Korinek. Have been told that original name from Bohemia may have been changed to Misicka when came to America. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My grandmother

Patti Betz (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hantak, Tikwart, Macheak
My grandmother's maiden name was Hantak. All I know about her childhood is that her parents came from Bohemia. I do know that she was orphaned as a child and was raised on a farm in Illinois. She married Frank Tikwart (original name was Tikvart)and had 3 children, Daughter Bernice Kutz, Daughter Dolores Ruhling and Son John (deceased). I will find out more from my mother so I can research this further. Please keep in touch.
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2002 7:01AM GMT
Surnames: Korinek, Hohenadel
Sorry, but I do not have any new information for you. I do have a great grandmother Mary Korinek who married a John Peter Hohenadel in Cook County, IL in 1878. As a geneological neophyte, I'm luck to have that information. With the Chicago Fire destroying records prior to 1871, the search will be difficult. The mention of Berwyn, IL struck a chord. I grew up in Oak Park, an adjacent suburb. If you have any information on Korinek's please drop be a byte.

Thanks,

Dave

Korinek

Kim Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Korinek, Misicka, Hantak, Macheak
The only info I have on any Korinek is my great-great grandmother, Anna Korinek. This info was found on my great grandfather's death certificate.

Anna Korinek Born: 3-25-1869 in Bracitis, Czech.

Death: unknown

Married: James Frank Misicka, Sr.

Birth: 9-20-1866, in Caslov, Bohem.

not known if they married in U.S. or Europe.

Children: 4 known

Frank Misicka Birth: 2-26-1891
James Frank, Jr. Birth: 9-20-1892
Harry "Hank" Birth: 5-10-1896
Barbara Birth: Unknown date

I know from death notices and eulogy notes that all three sons lived and raised their families in and around Berwyn, IL. Also, birth and death certificates on James Frank Misicka, Jr.(my great grandfather) show he was born in Chicago, IL.

If you can tie my Anna to your Mary, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks, Kim

Hantak, Macheak

Kim Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hantak, Macheak, Misicka, Korinek
Just wondering if you ever got any more info from your mother. The only Hantak info I have is the following;

Emily M. Hantak Birth 6-9(year unknown)

Married: James Frank Misicka 8-9-1920

Children: twin sons (one died at birth) living child

was Edward James Misicka birth 6-13-1921 (my g-father).

Death: 3-10-1952

Sister:
Mae Hantak Birth: 11-12-1891

Married: Macheak (only known info)

Children: none

Death: 2-17-1972

Brother:
Henry "Hank" Hantak Birth: 6-3-1904

Married: wife's name unknown Date: 6-21-1924

Children: Unknown

Death: 3-1975

I do know that both Emily (Hantak) Misicka and Mae (Hantak) Macheak both lived and died in Berwyn, IL. Any info would be so appreciated....Thanks, Kim

Bohemian Ancestors

Posted: 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: Tikwart, Tikvart
Patti or Kim,

I have two potential connections to Frank Tikwart:

1. My grandfather (Joseph Tikvart, born 1862) had a brother Frank whose wife was Josephine. By the 1910 census Frank had three children Joseph, Catherine, and Dorothy. I know that son Joseph died unmarried, but I have not tried to track what became of Catherine and Dorothy. By the way, this Frank and son Joseph spelled their name Tikwart.

2. The 1910 census also shows a Frank Tikwart (born 1863) with wife Louisia and 7 children, including Joseph, Frank (born 1894), John (born 1996), Mary, Edward, Henry, and Alois (born 1911). It is my understanding that Frank Tikwart (1863) was a first cousin of Joseph Tikvart (1862) in (1) above and that they were born in Bohemia and immigrated to St. Louis in the 1870's or 1880's. All the Joe's and Frank's can be somewhat confusing.

Could the "My Grandmother" posting be refering to Frank (1894) who was the father of "Son John (deceased)"? I don't have any documentation on that Frank's children. If not, there must be a Tikwart family of which I was previously unaware. If I have guessed correctly, then I will add that
Alois (1911) had two sons, the oldest of which is also Alois (my third cousin) who has told me that his family has mostly died out except for him and two sons.

Are there any connections with the somewhat confusing list of names that I have provided? Much of my childhood was spent around activities associated with St. John Nepomuk Church in St. Louis.

Joe Tikvart
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2002 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Hantak, Panka
My great-great-grandmother was Josephine HANTAK (1826-1906). She married Frank PANKA in 1850 in Bohemia. They came to America in 1867. I have nothing else on Josephine.

Hantak Ancestry

bob (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hantak, Dressler, Nemetz
Hi, I am new to this so bare with me... I already sent you an email, before I realized I could do the posting. Anyway, I am tracing the Hantak's and noticed your listing on Emily, Henry and Mae. Not sure we have a close match, but my greatgrandfather was John J. Hantak, who had 2 sons, Edward and John J. Edward had a son Oliver E. and John J. had serveral childred including Oliver W (my father) and Henry...and Anthony, who married Maeaileen (mae)...anyway...thought I would share some of this...in hopes you might have some information for me.

Thanks

Bob Hantak

Re: Bohemian Ancestors

Posted: 1 Sep 2001 6:12PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2002 2:50PM GMT
Surnames: McClurg, McDonald, Winn, Robbins, Washington
I'm wondering if your research has uncovered any links of a "Bohemian Joe" who rode as a ranch hand for Bill Washington (OK, TX, NM) in 1892.

Re: Bohemian Ancestors

Joe Tikvart (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2001 2:58PM GMT
Sorry, but I can't help. All my relatives were located in the St. Louis area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic