Search for content in message boards

Gross Family

Gross Family

Posted: 4 Apr 2005 6:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gross
I have recently found a picture of Esther Gross d/o George Gross and Polly Hall. George is the son of Abijah -s/o Edmund Gross of Harlan Co. Kentucky. Anyone wishing a copy please contact me. Would also love to have pictures of George-Abijah-and Edmund Gross if anyone has them. My father was France Gross s/o George Gross.

Re: Gross Family

B.L. (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2005 5:52PM GMT
Yes I would Like a copy of your picture of Esther Gross and a picture of George and Polly hall if you have any I came from Polly Hall side of the family.if you can, send copys to B. L. At P.O.Box 9132 Bend, Or 97708 thank you so much

Posted: 16 Jul 2005 8:24PM GMT
Surnames: Gross, Hall, Stewart, Johnson,King,Oditt,Perkins
change of email address
roncharlene@netscape.com

Shoshana Gross (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2005 4:07AM GMT
Hi,
We will appreciate any information to help us find our roots.
Our Edmond Gross was born 1805 in Kentucky; he was married to Clara Lunsford (Born 1809 in North Carolina) on 05/15/1828.
Edmond moved to Missouri. He appears in the Madison County Missouri, 1850 census. Edmond (45yo) and Clara (41yo) Gross had 11 Children: Noe (Noah) 22; Lucinda 20; John 19; Francis M 17; Mary 14; Sealy 12; Martha 11; Drucilla 10; Isreal 8; Rebecca 6; Henry 2.
Our Noah Gross was born in 1828 and married Ann Elizabeth Vantuyl on 04/10/1853 in Macoupin County, Illinois. We have their marriage certificate from Illinois. Ann Elizabeth lived with her father and her only son that she had with Noah Gross. They named their only son Noah Gross Junior. We do not have records of Noah Gross Senior and Ann Elizabeth living as an husband and wife.
Noah Gross Junior was born in Jun 1853 and Died in Jan 1929. The 1880 Illinois Census shows that Ann Elizabeth and her son lived with her parents in Raymond, Illinois.
Noah Gross moved to Salina Kansas, he married Laura Isabel, Kasiah. He had 7 children - Charles William, George, Ether, Dora, Frank, Ellen and Mary. Some of their children were born in Crocker, Missouri.
Our Charles William Gross was born in Salina, KS on 12/03/1909.
Thank you very much for your help. We will appreciate any information that you can give us regarding the Gross family. If you have any information pleases reply.

Jerry Gross,
jerry.w.gross@charter.net

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2005 4:56PM GMT
There is an Edmond Gross b. 1779 (1850 census)and family from Washington Co VA who died in Owen Co KY. His is the wrong dates but may be a lead through one of his children as he also had a son named Edmond. One of his other children could have named their child Edmond after their grandfather or uncle. Good Luck.

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 7:15PM GMT
change of email address AGAIN!!

charlenegkc@fuse.net

Still researching would love to share info.

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 7:17PM GMT
Gosh, I hope you are still at this email. I am so sorry, can you believe I just now read your message sooo sorry.
charlenegkc@fuse.net
Posted: 1 Feb 2010 4:30PM GMT
I have Gross in Pennsylvania in the 1700/1800's. Does anyone need these or can anyone add to them ?

Posted: 1 Feb 2010 10:27PM GMT
Surnames: Gross,Hambly,Ofer,Weldon,Jones,Conner
My Gross Family came from the Philadelphia area in PA. Can you provide a little more information about the relative you have?
Donna
Posted: 1 Feb 2010 11:15PM GMT
Donna, I will give you some of my Gross from Pennsylvania:

John Jacob 1716 (my 6GGF) Manneheim, German (I have his prior line to year 1250)
son Henry 1746 m. Catherine Ochsenbach
son Daniel 20 Jan 1765 d.5 Dec 1804 m. Sophia Dorothea Aiglet,
son Henry 10 Dec 1762, Berks County, PA d. 15 Aug 1842
son Johannes 29 Sep 1764 Windsor TWP, PA d.15 Feb 1843
married Catherine Royer(Reyer)
This last couple had ten children from 1795 to 1818. The daughter Catherine b. 1796 in Snyder, PA is my 3GGM married to John Jacob App. I have this line.
I would like information on the ten children as I have names and birth dates only.
Are you cousin?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions