Search for content in message boards

Hector, AR

Posted: 26 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 6:13AM GMT
Surnames: Petty, Walker, Curtis, Pendergrass, Hughes, Cox
My great grandpa was Charlie Petty married to Martha Walker. Charlie's dad was Joeseph Harrison Petty. They left Hector, Pope Co. Ar about 1928 and moved to the Biscoe AR area. The Curtis family from Pope is married into this line. This family was around Russelville & Pettytown. Does anybody out there connect with these surnames. What about Pendergrass, Hughes, or Cox?
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2004 4:13PM GMT
Laura,
I am not connected to the Petty family, but thought I would answer your query and see if I could help you. Do you have the information on the Petty family from Walnut Grove cemetery near Hector, AR.? IF not I will get it for you. There are several Joe or Joseph Pettys. I think that Joseph Harrison's father was William Petty, Jr. who was married twice: Elizabeth CAUDLE Jul 1865 Book D-106 Pope and Mary A. CURTIS 11 Feb 1883 Book F-67 Pope Co. He had several children by each wife. More than one of his children also married CURTIS'.
Lina Boyd

Curtis & Vaughan Families

Joseph Vaughn Potter (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Curtis, Vaughan, Petty
My Vaughan family was linked by marriage to the Curtis family of Pope County, AR by the marriages of 3 Vaughan brothers and sisters to 3 Curtis brothers and sisters: Martha "Met" Vaughan married George M. Curtis; Enoch Lafayette "Fate" Vaughan married Famie E. Curtis, 1884-1954; and, Amanda Vaughan married James Thomas Curtis, 1881-1932. Any information on the parents of these Curtis'?

Martha Walker

Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2001 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Bruce, Blaney, Pack

Do you know where this Martha Walker was from? or who her parents were?I had some Walker ancestors living in Pope and Van Buren Counties in late 1800s and early 1900s.Also looking for Bruce, Pack and Blaney ancestors from those counties.Thanks.-Nola

Re: Martha Walker

fred j. smith (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2001 6:31AM GMT
HI , MY NAME IS FRED SMITH--I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU MUCH OR EVEN IF IT IS THE SAME SET OF WALKERS--BUT HERE IS WHAT I HAVE--MARTHA A. F. WALKER IS THE DAUGHTER OF THOMAS JEFFERSON WALKER--HER MOTHER IS MARY JOHNSON WALKER--THE OTHER SIBLINGS ARE AS LISTED ---ADALINE WALKER , SARAH ANN WALKER, MARY WALKER , NANCY E. WALKER , FILENA WALKER , CHRISTENA A. WALKER , JOHN THOMAS WALKER (DR.) ,WILLIAM THOMAS WALKER--HOPE THIS HELPS YOU----FRED

Re: Curtis & Vaughan Families

Jim Curtis (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2001 9:45PM GMT
I believe the three Curtis's are 1. George M. Curtis b. 1878 son of George Thomas Curtis and Louisiana Catherine Branch 2. Famie E. Curtis is Fanny Curtis b. 1884 of the same parents 3. James Thomas Curtis b. 1881 son of Moses and Sarah Curtis. Moses and George Thomas Curtis were cousins.

Re: Hector, AR

Posted: 6 Dec 2001 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Petty,Caudle,Curtis,Walker,McAfee
Hello, My name is Cindy Joshu I live in Mesa, Arizona. After reading your message I think we might be Family! My Grandma was named Verlny Elizabeth Petty She was born in Hector, Ar.Her parents Names were Joseph Harrison Petty Born 06-24-1870 And Rebecca Curtis Born 04-24-1872 I think also born in Hector Ar.They were Married on 08-11-1886 in Hector Ar. Her Grandparents on her dads side were William Green Petty from Herny Co. Tennessee Born 10-15-1841 And Elizabeth Caudle from Russellville Ar.Said to be one of the first pionerr families of pope county My Grandma Had 13 Brothers and Sisters One of the brothers was named Charlie A Petty born 01-05-1892 Who married a Martha Walker. I think this was your Great Grandfather and my uncle
The family had a farm on Adam Mountian in 1928 they moved the family from pope county to Biscoe Ar. and my grandma talks about moving to Webbers Fall Oklahoma but the famliy didnt like it there so they moved back to Arkansas One of her brothers was a peacher Ruben Harrison Petty born in 1900 I could go on fo ever! My Grandma Verlny Elizabeth Petty has Passed away on 11-21-2001 in Mesa, Arizona. This is what has got me looking up the family history Do you know if any of the other brother or sister are still alive?? I cant find any information on her mother Elizabeth Caudle? Who her parents are. And my grandma was married to Samuel Mcafee I havent found any information on his family so if you have any information for me please E-Mail me at joshua-tree@webtv.net
Thank you Cindy Joshu Granddaughter of a Petty

Posted: 7 Jul 2008 8:50PM GMT
I am doing research on the Hughes, Tipton, Walker, Petty, Martin, Roberts, Crouch, Curtis and Tripp families that lived in Hector Arkanas. I am trying to find more information on my paternal G-grandfather David Hughes who was married to Luceinda Crouch and g-grandfather Orville Martin who married Sara Jane Roberts. And also on my maternal G-grandmother Sarah Walker. I am also related my marriage to the Cox and Pendergrass so let me know and I can put you in contact with a family member who has their info. btw my g-grandfather was William Cephas Petty.

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 10:01PM GMT
My line of of surnames includes CURTIS, CHURCH, PETTY, CROUCH, HELTON, GRIFFITH, WADE, BALLARD, etc...

I did some research in that area few years back, library, courthouse and cemeteries. Had so much fun doing so. I have some articles from the library on some of the names. Some photos from the cemetery.

Hillary Curtis...James Thomas Curtis....John Henry Curtis....Etta Mae Curtis...my grandmother.

I would love to talk with you if you have any of these connections. kmcclane@cablelynx.com

Posted: 30 Jun 2010 1:15AM GMT
Surnames: Curtis, Hughes, Petty, Crouch, Blackshear
I am related to the Curtis, Hughes & Petty lines also. U have been researching since 2002. I would love to exchange any information or stories with you and how we are connected.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions