Search for content in message boards

Sioux Creek Cemetary

Sioux Creek Cemetary

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 3:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 May 2003 4:35PM GMT
I would like to find some history of the Sioux Creek Cemetary. I lived in that area and it seems that everyone in the cemetary are relatives of mine. I am related to the Massie's, Miller's, Allen's Fosters,Bowser's, Is there anywhere that this would be kept on record and who owned the cemetary. Thank You

Re: Sioux Creek Cemetary

Posted: 2 Mar 2003 1:27AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 2:53AM GMT
I am not replying directly about the cemetary, but am asking about the Allen's & Massie's you mentioned. My great-great-grandparents are Isaac & Lucinda Allen from Barron County. I am looking for more info on Isaac Allen.

Posted: 2 Mar 2003 1:19PM GMT
What a suprise. Issac and lucinda are my great grandparents also. What kind of info do you need on Issac? There is a book in the process of being printed on the Allen history and I can send you his email address if you email me. Where are you from and your last name. The Allens are hard to track their history but I am working on it and will help with anything that I can Elsie Ruth's brother Hosea is my grandfather. Will be good to hear from you.

Posted: 2 Mar 2003 1:22PM GMT
If you are related to the Cummings I have an address of Ida Cummings who lives in Washington state and she has done extensive research on the cummings side. She does not have a computer but would give you her address.

Alicia (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 8:37PM GMT
It was a nice surprise. My name is Alicia Wood Chadwick and I live in Garland, Utah. My dad is Alvin Wood son of Julia Cummings Wood daughter of Elsie Ruth. We have not been able to find any info on Isaac's parents. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. That book would be something to add to the family history for my children. My email is alilarjesjac@hotmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Massie family buried in Sioux Creek Cemetery

Posted: 8 Mar 2003 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: Sims/Simms/Symmes, Massie, Danner, Davies, McNeal, Woodruff, Hendrick/Hendricks/Hendrix, Hufford, Taylor, David
I noticed you mentioned you are related to the Massies who are buried in Sioux Creek Cemetery. The Hannah Massie buried there was Hannah Sims before her marriage to Benjamin Massie and is my first cousin five times removed. Would you let me know how you are related to this family? I'm currently working on finding descendants of Hannah's grandfather, John Symmes (Sims/Simms), and would love to trade information. If you are interested, I can also put you in contact with another of Benjamin and Hannah's descendants. You can reach me by e-mail or just post a reply message here.

If anyone else reads this message and is related to these individuals please contact me also.

Shena David

Re: Massie family buried in Sioux Creek Cemetery

Posted: 9 Mar 2003 7:13PM GMT
Lucinda Massie and Issac B Allen are my great Grandparents.

Isaac B. Allen: Son of Abram Allen & Eliza Hatch

Posted: 27 Jun 2004 6:19AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2004 3:42AM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Caldwell, Leffingwell, Fry, Findlay, Siver, Palmer
Reva,

I just recently found Eliza Hatch and Abram Allen. We have been looking for them for years. They are from Jefferson Co., NY and are the parents of Isaac B. Allen (their only son). I have been reading what you have posted on this board and I am curious about the Allen Book and what you have and if we can exchange information.

I am researching the Hatch family and can take it back to early 1500s. Eliza's sister, Charlotte, married Abram's brother Jonathan and I know a descendant of Jonathan and Charlotte who can help you with the Allen line.

Other children include:
Pamilia Allen Caldwell (South Dakota)
Chelestine Allen (died young)
Lucinda Allen Leffingwell
Sarah Allen Fry
Amanda Allen Findlay
Mary Allen Siver
Betsy Allen Palmer

You can reply to this message or contact me at kaeh@comcast.net. I would really like to hear from you.
Kaye

Roger Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2004 2:06AM GMT
Where is the Sioux Creek Cemetery?

Roger Anderson

Reva Elias (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2004 12:51PM GMT
The Sioux Creek Cemetary is located in Barron County Wisconsin. The nearest town would be Dallas Wi. This used to be a private cemetary and is now under the control of the Sioux Creek Twon Board. People buried there are all my relatives. Allens, Miller, Massie, Gardner, Foster, and some more. Who are you looking for? I might be able to help you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions